Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 4325 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Richard Menedetter               2:310/31           20 Sep 16 23:32:24
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        20 Sep 16 23:32:24
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:310/31+57e1af89
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57df80dd
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57e29f63
Hi Robert!

19 Sep 2016 08:01, from Robert Bashe -> Richard Menedetter:

RB>>> Then you're living in a dream world.
RM>> We live in the same world.
RB> And some, like you, dream on, whereas others see the realities.

Thank you for giving *your* oppinion.
It is appreciated.

RM>> There have been many situations where people were NOT asked, and
RM>> they had NO choice. (dictatures, up until today eg in north korea)
RB> Why not take the EU as an example? When were the people affected
RB> actually asked for their opinion, except in a tiny minority of cases?

I never said that the EU in the current form is "perfect" - far from it.
But it has some democratic legitmacy by indirect vote.

RM>> If in todays world people ARE asked, and they do not care to
RM>> inform themselves, than it is THEIR fault to bear the
RM>> consequences!
RB> You DO love to assign "blame", don't you?

Yes ... that is my secret fetish.
Assigning blame.

It is completely normal, that you get asked a question in a referendum, you do not understand the implications, so you roll a dice to decide how to answer the referendum.

RM>> YOU can decide WHO you vote for.
RB> Sure. And like in Austria, we can vote for for the devil or the deep
RB> blue sea.

Sure you can.
But do not wonder when bad things happen then.

You can also piss on a high voltage part.
It is not recommanded to do so, but you can.
In retrospect you will not be happy about the outcome, but you can.

Actually we already did so once.
The result was a never seen wave of corruption. (eg. Hochegger "Was war meine Leistung" asking the minister of finance on how to justify a invoice he wrote for a service that he never performed)

Everybody can vote for whoever (s)he thinks is best!
The thing is you should CHECK before what it means and what consequences it will have!

RM>> If he does not keep his promises, people are not forced to reelect
RM>> him!
RB> To be replaced by anothetr lying politician who does the same thing.

It must be wonderful to live in such a rosy and happy world like you do.
I envy you.

RB> You're welcome, even if you yourself are so blind you don't see the
RB> realities.

Indeed ... we see different subjective realities.
I would not be so sure on which one is closer to the objective reality.

RM>> Still most western countries are democracies.
RB> Some very smart person once remarked that elections alone don't make a
RB> "democracy". They have elections in North Korea, too. And in South
RB> Sudan.

Indeed ... that smart person was right.
You also need free active and passive votes.
Just like in most western countries!

CU, Ricsi

--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: What makes Teflon stick to the pan? (2:310/31)