Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 21 Jun 24 12:05:17, всего сообщений: 12518
= Сообщение: 3293 из 12518 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michael Dukelsky                 2:5020/1042        11 Jan 16 22:47:58
Кому : Joe Delahaye                                        11 Jan 16 22:47:58
Тема : Modern Times in Fidonet
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5020/1042+56940d57
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=6073.enetsyso@1:249/303+1af81268
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hello Joe,

Sunday January 10 2016, Joe Delahaye wrote to Michael Dukelsky:

JD>>> Alas the Nodelist is the only official source for it.

MD>> No, it is not. One can fetch information from the nodelist who is
MD>> the netmail hub for some specific node. But we in R50 have also a
MD>> routing map r50.rou, which contains rules saying which node is a
MD>> gateway to a specific net inside the net and which node passes
MD>> netmail to this node from outside the net. Large nets also have a
MD>> routing map of their own, for instance there is n5020.rou.
MD>> Besides that we have r50.tru containing a list of trusted nodes
MD>> for a specific net that can be used as backup nodes for
MD>> transfering mail to the net. And again we have n5020.tru.

JD> A routing table does not replace a nodelist.

No, it does not. Did I say anything different? :)

JD> The nodelist is still the only official method.

Talking of netmail _routing_ we have to admit that the answer depends on how one wants to send his netmail: either directly to the destination node or via the "standard routing chain". The standard routing chain begins with the sender's netmail hub. The hub uses a routing table which is built from the nodelist, routing maps mentioned by me above and the hub's link list to decide where to send the mail to. It can be the destination node or another hub. Taking the decision is fully automatic. Using that way the mail may pass several hops before it reaches the destination. And it is very simple for the sender: he always sends all netmail to his netmail hub.

This method of netmail routing is an _official_ one in R45, R46 and R50. If it is not used in your zone or region does not yet mean it does not exist. :)

JD> I think several will agree with me on that.

Michael

... node (at) f1042 (dot) ru
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20151128
* Origin: Moscow, Russia (2:5020/1042)