Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 31 May 24 21:28:28, всего сообщений: 12505
= Сообщение: 429 из 12505 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Joe Delahaye                     1:249/303          18 Jan 14 10:59:07
Кому : Henri Derksen                                       18 Jan 14 10:59:07
Тема : Z2 echos.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=3381.enetsyso@1:249/303+173fe800
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+0904dc02
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+52dab70c
  Re: Z2 echos.
  By: Henri Derksen to Joe Delahaye on Sat Jan 18 2014 06:07:00

HD> No, that's why many Nodes have more links,
HD> and with the FidoWeb very many links ;-)

Many nodes more then one link, only as a backup.  NOT to see if they can get
more echos.

HD> Every administrative method is allways incomplete.
HD> So after several tries to connect to many systems and list their echo's,
HD> you could also ask around if there is an EchoMailArea for subject xxx?
HD> If you really want to know what is available in the whole Region, Zone or
HD> world, you would need to link to every single FidoNet or AlterNet Node on
HD> this planet.
HD> And if you are ready, someone could simply delete the wanted echo,
HD> or create a different one, pure technically speaking.
HD> Off course there is also some politics possible in the way not every node
HD> wants to be connectend with every one, or you simply do not get the
HD> required password, or the echo is private to or for a "special" or
HD> "selected" group. So getting a 100% complete list for every one is an
HD> utopia.
HD> Then donot try to get that complete, you will fail, and many quirrels
HD> about. So leave EchoLists for what is was, a bad nod needed thing.

Many years ago, when I first joined Fidonet (1991), The list was pretty much
complete.  What was missing was mostly regional echos, related to region and
net activities..  Granted, even back then, some did not use the echo list, but
not using it was a chance you took and hoped it would not be listed by somebody
else.  Those days are gone, but some of the pitfals remain.  I believe you
should have a choice if you wish to list or not,  without fearing that somebody
would list it as their own., but that is my opinion.  What you describe up
above, is time consuming and sometimes impossible to do.  A master list, even
if not quite complete, would be the best way to find out if a certain echo
existed.
--- SBBSecho 2.25-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)