Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 06 Jul 24 08:57:14, всего сообщений: 12527
= Сообщение: 697 из 12527 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Joe Delahaye                     1:249/303          03 Mar 14 11:55:14
Кому : BjФrn Felten                                        03 Mar 14 11:55:14
Тема : Ukraine
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=3648.enetsyso@1:249/303+1779f832
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+53149d32
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
  Re: Ukraine
  By: BjФrn Felten to Joe Delahaye on Mon Mar 03 2014 16:18:17

BF>  I understand that, Joe. Like almost all people here in the west, who
BF> didn't bother to find out the Russian version of the story, you are
BF> subject to the US version only.

Not just the US versions.  Remember Fox News has a different version then CNN,
etc.  Then there is the Canadian version, plus what we read here on Fidnoet
from some of the Ukranian Sysops.  The Russion version is a sidestep to make it
look as if they had to interfere to 'protect' the Russians living there, in the
Crimea.  That there is Russian sympathy in that part is certainly evident.  Let
them split off and go back to Russian dictatorship.

BF>  But fact of the matter is, that the present government of Ukraine is
BF> *not* what the Ukrainian people voted for. They were put in power thanks
BF> to money from some of the richest persons in The Ukraine. And as it
BF> happens, just today it was announced that two of the richest men in
BF> Ukraine (both worth more than 2 milliard USD) were appointed governors
BF> in eastern parts of Ukraine (where the major opposition to the neo-nazi
BF> government is located).

Of course the present prime minister is not who was voted into that position.
That is not to say it is not legitimate.  The previous one was voted out of the
position by the parliament which was legally voted in.  Electikons are to be
held, but we shall see how that goes.

BF>  How do you know that? From western media? Even when you try Google you
BF>  find no evidence of the bilateral agreement between Russia and Ukraine
BF>  regarding the 26,500 troops that's been on Ukraine soil for many years
BF>  now.

The only agreement if you can call it that, is the Russian Naval base on the
Black Sea.  No doubt there will be Russian soldiers there as well.  The
occupation forces came in accross the border during the military excercises.
Putin has been planning this since before the Olympics.  Consider for a minute
that the violenc in Kiev almost stopped during the Olympics.  Why do you think
that happened?  Putin of course.

BF>  That's the old Russia scare from the Cold War once again, Joe. I think
BF> that Putin is fed up with all the US interventions in Russian
BF> neighbourhood over and over again.

Putin being ex KGB and an avowed communist scares the hell out of me.  Even
when he was not prime minister after his first term he called all the shots in
the Kremlin.  It was all just to make it look legit.

BF>  Someone once said that the the US governments, for as long as USA has
BF> existed, love to play geopolitical chess. I would say that they are
BF> playing American Football (violence) combined with poker (bluffing).
BF> Now, Putin has called their bluff, and I think he's actually holding the
BF> better hand this time.

The only hand Putin has right now, is the Veto he holds in the UN.  Nato is
another matter, although I doubt there will be boots on the ground.
--- SBBSecho 2.26-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)