Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Jun 24 12:04:28, всего сообщений: 12519
= Сообщение: 3078 из 12519 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Joe Delahaye                     1:249/303          24 Nov 15 09:45:21
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        24 Nov 15 09:45:21
Тема : Service announcement
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=5922.enetsyso@1:249/303+1ab9c523
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+56546907
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+56558f96
  Re: Service announcement
  By: Robert Bashe to Joe Delahaye on Tue Nov 24 2015 14:09:12

JD>> I also note that a bunch of cowards are attacking women and children
JD>> here, just because they wear a scarf over their heads.

RB> I understand that quite well. Intentionally segregate yourself from the
RB> society
RB> you live in - particularly public and visible segregation - and you take
RB> your chances when people of your group shoot down or blow up a few hundred
RB> innocents. For the same reasons I think people who wear burkahs and face
RB> veils in public in western countries are simply fools and deserve
RB> everything they get. Religion or not, either you're a German, Canadian or
RB> whatever - or you're not and want to show that to everyone in the most
RB> public way possible. The long
RB> beards are another example, but not as extreme as the rest, as they're
RB> meanwhile socially acceptable in western societies.

Many Western women, still wear scarfs over their heads.  Their faces are open
to the world, just as these women were.  I don't condone violence that way.
While I do not agree with the burka in public places (although that is where
they are supposed to worn I guess), I h ave no problem with those who only
cover their hair.  Burkas are simply a model of male domination from the middle
ages (or should I say the Stone age for them)  There again are the people who
come from India.  Sikhs, etc, who seem to be able to walk around with a turban,
and the women in their long dresses with a dot on their forehead.  That too is
different.

JD>> ... and that our former govt, started before it soundly defeated
JD>> them in the last election.

RB> For that reason? Excuse me if I doubt that. And if I do, just wait until
RB> 200-300 people are killed by so-called "religious" crazies in Ottowa or
RB> Toronto. It won't take a week before the government changes it's stand.

No, not that reason alone.  Bill C-51 was what I was referring to.  It, and the
the TPP agreement (not yet approved by Parliament), that Harper signed in the
middle of an election (that is NEVER done), not to mention his disdain for
ordinairy Canadians, got him defeated.  Trudeau won more because of the
Conservative backlash, then for any other reason.

JD>> That is not to say that the new govt under Trudeau will stop that
JD>> all the way.

RB> He won't, since it's not up to him. The crazies have the guns and
RB> explosives, and want to use them. They love headlines and don't care how
RB> they get them.

No it is up to Parliament, and although he has a majority, the Senate is still
a majority Conservative, but quite often tend to think differently then the
govt.

RB> P.S. On a different subject: I was interested to hear the name Trudeau
RB> again, since Pierre was prime minister when I lived in Canada. Is his son
RB> as flamboyant as Pierre was?

No, he is smooth, but not quite the same man his father was.  I suppose you
could say he dresses much the same but under today's fashion modes <G>    You
can probalbly google him for more info <G>
--- SBBSecho 2.27-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)