Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 31 May 24 21:28:28, всего сообщений: 12505
= Сообщение: 11198 из 12505 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          16 Jan 22 11:17:34
Кому : Vincent Coen                                        16 Jan 22 11:17:34
Тема : Shopping
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=9703.enet_sys@1:275/100+2649a105
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+61e38cf4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: WINDOWS-1252 ===========================
  Re: Shopping
  By: Vincent Coen to Bj”rn Felten on Sun Jan 16 2022 03:06 am

> Hello Bj”rn!
>
> Sunday January 16 2022 01:01, you wrote to Ward Dossche:
>
>  VC>>> I use the scanner that you can pick up on entering to use for
>  VC>>> each and every item placed in trolley and providing you are not
>  VC>>> picked for a check scan it is very quick and smooth.
>
>  WD>> We have that here as well. Please remember, you're the one living
>  WD>> on an island. not me. 8-)
>
>  >    We've had that here too for more than a decade.
>
>  >    Nowadays most of us (the latest number I saw was 60+ percent) order
>  > on the web and get home delivery the day after. It's soooo tedious to
>  > take the car, drive to the store, look for a parking space, take a
>  > trolley, walk around in the store trying to find what you want, etc,
>  > etc. Takes hours rather than the minutes on the computer.
>
> My wife does that for a delivery every Thursday at 08:00 from Asda BUT there
> are always items that are not available or fruit that has only a day or two
> best before date or grapes that are smaller than blueberries etc.
>
> I get some what ticked off with it so end up going to Tesco's early/middle
> evening to get what Asda cannot cope with and supply.
>
> Personally I think the pickers have standard instructions to pick the oldest
> and naff fruit but my wife is happy and she is 70 on the 24th and will not
> change her mind :)
>

> Vincent

It varies here.  I get a good portion of my shelf stable things shipped from
Amazon 'subscribe and save'.  The Amazon Fresh is pretty pricey but haven't had
a bad item yet from them.

Nice thing is it's at my door, instead of me lugging it from shelf to cart to
checkout to car then from car to door. Makes a difference with 25lbs of cat
litter!  Or how about 24 rolls of toilet paper taking up too much space in my
cart?

I'm one of those folks happy to shop but not weekly.  I like to shop every
month or so with maybe a tiny trip midway for just fresh veggies and fruits.
Shelf stable bulk works well for me.  Freezer for meats repackaged with a
vacuumn sealer to our use average.

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS (1:275/100)