Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 630 из 7127 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Region 18 Coordinator            1:123/456          27 Nov 13 18:53:10
Кому : Election Coordinator                                27 Nov 13 18:53:10
Тема : 2013 FTSC election, preliminary results
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:123/456+52968f95
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:2/20+52962a6d
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:203/2+5296a63e
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.71+2969c6a6
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:2/20+52974cf5
Hello Election!

27 Nov 13 18:19, you wrote to mark lewis:

ml>> but then i'm confused as to why my input is not valid input?

EC> I did not say your input is not valid. Read again what I wrote:

EC>>> Instead I will treat you as an "amicus curiae". I will weigh the
EC>>> relevant arguments you forwarded and consider them when judging
EC>>> Bob Seeborn's protest.

My protest is as follows:

I do find that R17C excuse of poor character translation in his ballot to be pure baloney, for what happened to the last name of "Felten"?

If you look at the example ballot provided by the EC, the alignment of columnar dividing lines are thrown off as his reader turn the bulk of the candidates name into ascii gibberish. But if the issue is name mangling, then I submit that the EC is as guilty of it as well, even if his guilt lies in for real character set issues and that R17C's did not. Mangling is mangling, and while I do not in anyway condone the usage of Bjerk, the poor character translation used in the EC ballot, acks and tallies is no better.

Bjerk represented a unfortunate editting of the ballot to reflect a personal opinion, however I had to edit the EC gibberish in the ballot I cast, and I submit that others had to do as well, so everyone editted their ballots, even the concerned candidate did in his non-vote for himself.

While the election process should not have been the place for this nonsense, you and the candidate have used your official positions to further your own agendas, be that "war" against Z1, NAB et al or an overall USA hatred, so lets not pretend the either of you are as innocent as driven snow.

Lastly on the R17C ballot, there still lies the intact node number to determine the identity of the candidate in question. It would have been much simpler for everyone to used the official ballot as posted, editting down, like I did, but the ballot still contains a identifier that only the candidate holds.

R17C's intended vote for this candidate should be tallied..

As for R14C's ballot..

I think Jon saw R17C's ballot and editted it to suiot his voting needs, eventually he got it right and used the official EC ballot.

R14C's ballot, the last one cast should be accepted intoto and tallied.

GOING FORWARD..

The FTSC should devote a period of time to developing election rules that dont rely on your WHIMS of the day to decide whats up or whats down.

* Can RC's nominate themselves?
* Can RC's if a candidate, vote for themselves?
* What exactly would happen if a ballot is editted and cast for reasons
  non-technical?
* Can RC's amend a already cast ballot to change a vote?

I think the EC should be somone appointed by the group of the FTSC chair who does not have a vested interest in the group.. Not a member, a candidate or an elector, preferably not a coordinator???

Technically it was bad form to be counting votes for an election in which you were a candidate.

I think I have made and raised some good points, which might fall on deaf ears because you are at war, right Michiel?

==
Ross
Fidonet Feeds Or Fidonet In Your Newsreader: http://www.easternstar.info

... World Wide Web For Dummies: http://www.healthcare.gov