Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 931 из 7127 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Nicholas Boel                    1:154/701          04 Jan 14 09:07:28
Кому : Maurice Kinal                                       04 Jan 14 09:07:28
Тема : all over but the crying?
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/701+52c82752
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/7001.0+52c79760
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/5003.4+52c830b6
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/7001.0+52c83c7a
Hello Maurice,

On 04 Jan 14 05:08, Maurice Kinal wrote to Nicholas Boel:

NB>> translation tables only cover 256 characters

MK> Those only kick in when you enter edit mode.  The 512 psfu ones are
MK> what you see in read mode.  That is why the editor doesn't work.
MK> Golded+ isn't really compatible with Linux.  nano is and that is why
MK> when you shell out to it from Golded+ it really works.  I have yet to
MK> see a decent port of ANY FTN compliant app to Linux.  That is why I
MK> started taking care of it myself despite all the "why reinvent the
MK> wheel?" crap I've heard over the years.

Understood. Though in my case I still enjoy the use of the sorted arealister
as well as the ease of use of being able to move to the next message with a
simple tap of the right arrow key, rather than unzipping bundles manually and
also editing each packet manually in order to read/reply to a single message.

NB>> so for right now I guess I'm about as good as it can get. :)

MK> I disagree.  I refer to the simplified "squirrel in my pants" repost
MK> you did in the LINUX echo as evidence that it doesn't take much to do
MK> better than the phoney-baloney hacks they port to Linux from the brain
MK> dead OS they port that crap from.  ;-)

That part of it didn't take much as all I had to do was run a script on a
message packet that was already there. I also didn't have to manually
unpack the bundle and/or edit the raw packet in order to accomplish
reading/replying to one single message.

So in the aspect of what I do like using (the areaslister and ease of reading
messages one after another without a bunch of manual intervention) along with
nano, I do seem to be as good as I can currently get, given the software I
have to use to accomplish these tasks.

NB>> you may just want to continue with your FTSC matters here

MK> I am in no rush.  I am just waiting for confirmation from the powers
MK> that be that they are ready for action.  Without that anything I have
MK> to say will be a total waste of time, which it probably is anyhow but
MK> I prefer confirmation before restarting what I believe requires
MK> addressing with respect to FTSC business and the general public which
MK> I am one of.

I am quite positive they're going to need a little better explanation than the
above. I don't even know what you're waiting for action on. UTF-8 messaging?
The FTSC has done their job and documented it. It's now up to developers to
actually do it.

NB>> we'll get a slap on the wrist for being off-topic.

MK> I refer to fts-5003.001 and the CHRS kludge generated by GoldED+/LNX
MK> 1.1.5-b20130910 as evidence that there is an issue that should be
MK> addressed by the FTSC regarding compliancy to published standards.  I
MK> believe this statement makes our posts on the matter on-topic in this
MK> particular echo.

That issue isn't an FTSC matter. I'm sure you're referring to the "UTF-8 2"
kludge I'm forced to post with, since Golded (at least the Linux version)
doesn't seem to support posting with the "UTF-8 4" kludge.

FTS-5003.001 covers how UTF-8 _should_ be posted, and with what level. It is
Golded that isn't doing it properly. The FTSC doesn't enforce any rules, they
only document current practice. Might be better to bring this up in the GOLDED
echo and discuss it with them. As it seems, the current maintainer of Golded
happens to be one of the authors of FTS-5003.001, so that may help the cause
at least.

Regards,
Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20130910
* Origin: Dark Sorrow | darksorrow.us (1:154/701)