Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 992 из 7127 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Nicholas Boel                    1:154/701          06 Jan 14 17:37:42
Кому : Kees van Eeten                                      06 Jan 14 17:37:42
Тема : all over but the crying?
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/701+52cb3fca
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/5003.4+52cb25a9
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Hello Kees,

On 06 Jan 14 22:37, Kees van Eeten wrote to Nicholas Boel:

KE>  It would not if you consider, that an editor is quite an intricate
KE> piece of software. There are not many being written. Most of the ones
KE> we are talking about are no longer maintained by the original
KE> developers. Luckily they left their code behind with a license dat
KE> allows everybody to use it. Some brave men have pucked up the code to
KE> maintain it. In the free software world that is most often, remove
KE> bugs and circumvent compilererror. Some will also try to compile the
KE> code on other platforms and make adaptions that will make it compile
KE> successfully. What you are asking now for e.g. Golded is probably
KE> quite complex for anybody but the original developer. As far as I
KE> know, the current maintainer is a good programmer and has much to win
KE> from the use of UTF-8 but up till now he uses a workaround more or
KE> less as I do.

NB>> I would if I could, but I'm not a programmer. :|

KE>  Even if you were, you would think twice.

NB>> I agree that this is the best way I can do it currently. As long
NB>> as I know my messages are leaving here the way they should, I
NB>> suppose it doesn't matter what the software says, especially if
NB>> noone wants to fix it.

KE>  The will is certainly there, the effort is to lage compared to the
KE> use.

Thank you for that explanation. It was very clear and actually explained a
little to me as to why the challenge hasn't been taken up yet. I appreciate
that.

I'm not trying to complain, so I hope it's not coming off that way. I'm just
trying to understand, is all. Also, the fact that I've seen the proper "UTF-8
4" kludge used with Golded messed with my head a bit as to why it's not doing
that here as well. The only real difference is that Michiel is using a
different local charset and/or codepage (CP850 - in which he also has an
outgoing translation table he created himself for it) or the fix/workaround
he and Stas did may have only been in the Win32 version (this had to do with
having two levels - a reading level and writing level - in the translation
table). I've tried it here with no difference.

Just asking questions, and trying to stay within FTS-5003 so it doesn't get
shoved off to an echo where noone really says anything. :)

Regards,
Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20130910
* Origin: Dark Sorrow | darksorrow.us (1:154/701)