Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 1122 из 7127 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Nicholas Boel                    1:154/701          16 Jan 14 15:13:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               16 Jan 14 15:13:00
Тема : CHRS kludge implementations
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/701+52d84ed1
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:280/5555+52d835d8
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Hello Michiel,

On 16 Jan 14 20:38, Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Nicholas Boel:

NB>> That had absolutely nothing to do with Golded, but rather
NB>> FTS-5003.

MV> You will have to explain that. You managed to make Golded to displa
MV> level 4 instead of level 2 for UTF-8 and it has nothing to do with
MV> Golded? Please explain.

The editor I was using doesn't matter. The fact that I was writing messages
with multibyte characters in them while using a level 2 CHRS kludge was the
problem.

Oddly enough, you told me via netmail that it was the message reading tables
that translate TO UTF-8 that were the culprit, which was wrong. As soon as I
made a utf8_utf8.chs that included a level 4 with absolutely no translations
whatsoever, by golly it worked. :)

When I had asked you originally if it was your utf8_850.chs that was
using the level 4 kludge, you said no. So I was provided with false
information, and then completely ignored afterwards.. so I brought it here.
Now you seem to be trying to push conversation regarding FTSC docments and
following standards out of the FTSC_PUBLIC echo. I find that somewhat odd, but
whatever.

NB>> Completely on-topic for this echo, IMO. Unless, of course, you
NB>> want this echo completely silent, or if you want a bunch of
NB>> people bitching at you about the recent election? :)

NB>> Either way, thank you for letting us resolve some FTS-5003 issues
NB>> before throwing us out of the echo.

MV> What FTS-5003 issue was that and what was resolved?

See above. Just because I mentioned the editor I was using, doesn't mean the
topic was about the editor. I know it's blasphemy to do any kind of
kind-hearted discussions in your echos (even if they are on topic,
apparantly), so I'm sorry about that, and now I'm finished discussing it.

Thank you for at least waiting till the *very end* of the entire week or
two's worth of good international conversation (without argument, I might
add) to finally drop the iron fist, though.

So to get back into the swing of things, what's next on the FTSC's todo list?
The public wants to know!

Regards,
Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20130910
* Origin: Dark Sorrow | darksorrow.us (1:154/701)