Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 1700 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Nicholas Boel                    1:154/701          05 Jan 15 08:48:58
Кому : Carol Shenkenberger                                 05 Jan 15 08:48:58
Тема : Re: Keeping matters on topic in here
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/701+54aaa93d
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=4467.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+190f394c
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=4469.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+1911c5c0
Hello Carol,

On 04 Jan 15 21:07, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to Nicholas Boel:

CS> And my upgrade of Slyedit isnt working. *sigh*.  Ah well, I shall
CS> have to look back as I missed something as now you like KW ;-)

You may want to check the documentation of the latest Slyedit. I think at some point it required you to be running a later version of Synchronet than you're currently running due to some code that needed to be changed for exactly the reason you're speaking of.  But.. back on topic before the iron fist bears it's weight!

CS> When I started, the FTSC had a set of private groups but they were so
CS> they could work on ideas without interuption and those ideas came here
CS> for comment. I am not sure when that stopped.  I entered as a guest
CS> member something like 1995?  Not sure really.  I remeber the Spain
CS> node who ran the elections finally stopping posting. I remember fixing
CS> feeds many a time as coordinators changed.

CS> Letting folks know what is going on in there is a good thing.  Exact
CS> copies or works in progress, maybe not so much so as we are largely
CS> fixing typos.

Completely agreed. That is and has been all I've been asking for. What I mean by posting documents here would be significant changes and/or new documents. Obviously not some typo fixes. Something new to drum up discussion in the echo at times.. rather than pointing people to the website and keeping absolutely nothing of importance in this echo at all.

Of course, you have been the only person to reply to it civilly (or even care from what it seems). Any time I ask the moderator why he's so against attempting to create some on-topic conversation in here he seems to direct to websites and file echos, and then drop off the face of the earth never to reply to the subject again. I am unsure if it's a political agenda or not, but when said moderator is the FTSC Chair and is supposed to lead by example, all I see is poor form and redirect from this angle. As for the agenda, I don't see these actions in other echos moderated by the same person (instead, quite a bit of assistance and good discussion), so it just makes you wonder a little.

CS> Laught with me but one I noted was a discrepancy that is pretty
CS> pedantic.  Old school is always 2 spaces after a period.  Now, i
CS> really don;t care about that and Europe doesnt do that but I noted
CS> documents were a mix and match and asked they be standard.  Just 'pick
CS> one and make them match'.

If anyone thinks of the FTSC as a professional entity, it sure is important. Granted, probably not worthy of posting those here in those cases.

Regards,
Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20130910
* Origin: thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin) (1:154/701)