Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 815 из 7127 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.71       10 Dec 13 13:09:57
Кому : BjФrn Felten                                        10 Dec 13 13:09:57
Тема : 2013 FTSC Election Results?
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.71+2a75bc50
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:203/2+52a747be
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:203/2+52a7700e
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, BjФrn Felten wrote to mark lewis:

ml> you should have posted it in here -=*when*=- you made your
ml> decision and wrote your document concerning it... you should have
ml> posted it in here first, before going to sleep and most assuredly
ml> */before/* sending it off to a publication that is handled by one
ml> of the interested parties...

BF>    Why? Where did you find that "rule"?

the FTSC_PUBLIC echo is the official public area in which FTSC elections are held, all activities related to those elections are posted to this area... that includes the results of those elections...

BF>    Over here we find out the election results in the media,

this is fidonet... it is not "over here" or "over there"...

BF> not in a chat channel like this.

this is not a "chat channel"... it is the official public echo for the FTSC... as a FTSC member, twice now, you should know this but...

BF>    The official media of Fidonet is the Fidonews, obviously it must
BF> be published there first,

it is not obvious... especially since the FTSC_PUBLIC echo is the official public echo for the FTSC...

BF> because that's the only channel that will survive many years after
BF> message bases have been truncated and volatile messages like this
BF> one have disappeared.

the snooze is not the only channel and not all message areas are truncated and purged...

BF>    In Sweden we even have a specific media, Post- och Inrikes
BF> Tidningar, the oldest still active publication in the world. If a
BF> message of any kind isn't published there, it does not officially
BF> exist. Please read the below link. YMMV...

BF> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-_och_Inrikes_Tidningar

ml> they knew the results at least *2* days ago

BF>    You obviously haven't get your time zone config properly set up.

you obviously don't know what you are talking about ;) my time zone settings are quite ok and have been for many years... indeed, i did misspeak when i stated *2* days... that was because i read your post, slept, woke up and read some more, slept again and read the snooze later after that... it was only one day... so sue me...

the fact still remains that when michiel wrote his article that was sent to you, he could easily and without any real effort have posted it to the FTSC_PUBLIC echo at the same time... especially since it is the official public echo for FTSC business and where FTSC election activities take place...

)\/(ark

Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can
think. - Werner Heisenberg

--- FMail/Win32 1.60
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.71)