Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 2090 из 7127 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.73       21 Nov 16 20:22:28
Кому : Jeff Smith                                          21 Nov 16 20:22:28
Тема : challenging the candidates
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+58339ddf
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:282/1031.0+09cd9779
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================

20 Nov 16 23:24, you wrote to Carol Shenkenberger:

>>> Personally, I would be more interested in a candidates communication
>>> skills and their ability to articulate the written word than their
>>> expertise in writing code. General knowledge in FTN software operation

>> My questions for all candidates are pretty basic.

>> 1- Do you have the capability of working well with others regardless of
>> countr of origin?

>> 2- Are you capable of understanding that what you know in your zone
>> isnt how others operate and able to listen/learn so you can wisely make
>> decisions that will not harm another zone? This is what we should be
>> really asking.

JS> I agree Carol. While everyone is free to think and entertain the
JS> opinion of their choice. I don't see the FTSC as zone or country
JS> dependent in any way.

exactly but the FTSC has been falling afoul of that in the last years... mainly lead by one or two individuals... especially those that refuse to recognise othernets... we won't even mention those that try to push their own pets like harping on others' software's quoting methods... that harping has lead to more than one operator changing software and still being haruanged about their choices... certainly not the attitude that a FTSC member should be exhibiting... but anyway...

JS> The FTSC is a group of people to document technical standards. Nowhere
JS> IMHO should any zone or country biases be used or included in the
JS> performance of a FTSC members duties. I would hope that all current
JS> and potential future FTSC members already realize that.

they don't... some do and try to bring this up only to be shouted down by those that refuse to recognise othernets...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
... Never eat anything bigger than your head.
---
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.73)