Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 3548 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : mark lewis                       1:3634/12.73       15 Dec 17 21:08:32
Кому : Nick Andre                                          15 Dec 17 21:08:32
Тема : Future Applications
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+5a3481ce
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:229/426+22F7CEA4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:292/854+06322e63
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:154/10+5a35f2d0

 On 2017 Dec 15 17:32:28, you wrote to All:

NA> Let me ask the non-technical people here. You know who you are. Tell
NA> me why we even need an FTSC anymore?

interesting question...

NA> It is not the job of the FTSC to make sure Z4 works with anything new,

true...

NA> nor does the FTSC "hold hands" with people who cannot grasp how to
NA> properly run mailers or cannot understand how a nodelist works.

true... but it is the responsibility of all sysops to help others to understand technical aspects of FTN communications...

NA> The role of the FTSC is to document new stuff that becomes accepted as
NA> standard,

mmmm... no... the role of the FTSC is to document how FTN works... period... some things are raised from proposals to standards when they become "widespread in use" but there's no definition of "widespread use"...

NA> and to clean up/help Michiel revise existing documents. Like him or
NA> not, at the very least he keeps the interest going for maintaining
NA> them.

umm, wrong again... http://ftsc.org/docs/fta-1001.007

3. Structure
------------

  3.1 FTSC Administrator
  ----------------------

  The FTSC administrator is appointed for a four year renewable term.

  To be eligible for appointment, an individual must be a Fidonet
  node, be actively involved in Fidonet, though not necessarily in a
  programming context, and should have proven organizational skills. A
  candidate need not be a member of the FTSC. It is recommended that a
  successful candidate not carry any *C or *EC responsibilities during
  the term of office.

  A candidate for FTSC Administrator may be nominated by any Standing
  Member.

  The FTSC Administrator is appointed on the basis of a vote by all
  Standing Members who are defined by the then-current edition of
  FTA-1003 (FTSC Membership List). A successful candidate must receive
  approval by at least a plurality of votes.

  Publication of the nominations and the voting procedure shall take
  place openly in the FTSC_PUBLIC echo, and voting shall close three
  weeks after publication of the vote. Votes shall be by netmail
  ballot to an independent enumerator.

  Responsibilities:

  1. Ensuring FTSC Mandate is adhered to.
  2. Facilitating communications links between members.
  3. Maintaining document distribution links.
  4. Coordinating all membership nominations and voting.
  5. Developing Working Groups as required.
  6. Ensuring that the FTSC seeks, accepts and responds to public
     input.
  7. Assigning FSP numbers to new Standards Proposals.

nothing in there about revising any documents or driving that aspect of documenting FTN operations......

NA> But it would be very logical going on 2018 now to "call it day" and
NA> dissolve the FTSC altogether; it is highly unlikely a new Fido
NA> technology is going to be adapted like BinkD was.

NA> The existing documents for the most common, popular transfer methods
NA> and storage of Fido mail is clear enough that a developer can write
NA> his own mailer, tosser, nodelist compiler, editor etc.

NA> What else is there now to do? Other than patchwork?

NA> Cue now to the noise...

meh...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
... There's something about the Parisians- they're so very French.
---
* Origin:  (1:3634/12.73)