Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 1686 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Roy Witt                         1:387/22           27 Dec 14 17:43:55
Кому : Torsten Bamberg                                     27 Dec 14 17:43:55
Тема : ENC user flag
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:387/22+549f465a
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/5832+549b5ba4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/5832+549f646d
Greetings Torsten!

MvdV>>> The ENC user flag is documented in par 6.2 in FTS-5003.
MvdV>>> http://ftsc.org/docs/fts-5001.005

RW>> Thanks, but that doesn't answer the question of; why isn't the flag
RW>> implemented in an all zones nodelist?

TB> Well, this Userflag is used for a long time now, and some systems
TB> carry this flag over years now. As 5001.005 says, it is common for
TB> all zones.

I understand that it may have existed for a long time. At the bottom of my
nodelist, issued by the Z1C every week, there are definitions of flags
used in the nodelist. But the non-existence of a definition for the oft
seen flag of ENC is not there.

RW>> If it's good for the goose, why not the gander?

TB> Because the sysop needs a special setup for routing encrypted netmail
TB> and encrypted echomail.

Encrypted echomail? That's a new one.

TB> It's a bit like the actually TOR-System.

I don't know of it.

TB> You need a entry-point and a exit-point, and your system has to know,
TB> if the routing has to be forwarded with encrypted mail or not.

TB> Let me give you an example:

TB> 1.) your system gets an pgp-encrypted echomail, but the public key
TB> doesn't match. Basically, your system bounces the echomail, and it
TB> will get lost. If you carry the enc flag, you've got to route the
TB> echomail, if it is not possible, you've got to inform the sysop about
TB> the bounce, and try to find an encrypted route to the exit-point,
TB> means that sysop, witch has the public key to decrypt the message.

I'd like to have one of those witches myself.

TB> 2.) your system gets a zip-encrypted netmail via unprotect inbound
TB> Usually this netmail will be bounced, because it comes up via
TB> unprotect inbound. But, because of your enc-flag you've got to route
TB> or crash the netmail to the specific exit-system.

Not if I don't agree to do so.

TB> 3.)

MvdV>>>   ENC    This node accepts inbound encrypted mail and will route
MvdV>>> it
MvdV>>>          like other mail

TB> in the meaning of, find a system wich also carrys the enc-flag, or
TB> crash the mail to the exit-node.

Or drop it into the bit bucket.

RW>> Basically, I don't see a need for separate documentation when it can
RW>> all be had in one without having to go to any one document that only
RW>> the uber *Cs use in their nodelist compilation.

TB> Well, to document the technical needs is a completly different point,
TB> then compiling the daily nodelist.

????

    Have a day!

         R\%/itt - K5RXT

... WH advisor says that voters are stupid; slighting the majority of
    Democrats (liberals) who voted for the O'bama, not once, but twice.

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-31012
--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: South-Texas Area Hub - Gulf Coast Backbone (1:387/22)