Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 610 из 7127 ======================================= FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Björn Felten                     2:203/2            27 Nov 13 15:47:54
Кому : Andrew Leary                                        27 Nov 13 15:47:54
Тема : dispute
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:203/2+52960616
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:320/219@fidonet+52947065
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
AL> 25 Nov 13 23:27, you wrote to BjöRn Felten:

DS>> That is not how you spell it in the nodelist.

   Not like the above, no, but properly. Look at 2:203/6. That entry has been in the nodelist for several years now, awaiting to get passed Wards outdated MakeNl.

   It has my name spelled properly, but it's constantly "censored" by Ward's version of MakeNl, putting a question mark in place of the proper vowel.

   Let it be noted that I still use my Y2K hacked version of the original MakeNl, that everyone was invited to download and use by the turn of the millennium, producing a segment that reads:

Hold,6,Umlaut_experiment,Sweden,Björn_Felten,felten.yi.org,300,CM,IBN,INA:felten.yi.org

   It, my "hacked" version of MakeNl, had of course the Y2K bugs corrected, but also some additional, Z1 induced, stupidities removed. One of them was the 7-bit restrain.

   Now, Ward (the ZC2) has repeatedly, over all those years, been advised that he can use "my" 13yo semi-original version of MakeNL in the advent of the newly developed MakeNl project -- initially started by me, BTW -- being officially adopted, but his system still puts question marks where there could easily be a proper Swedish character.

   Stay tuned for the node listing of 2:203/6 if you are really interested in knowing when the Zone 2 top operator has finally seen the light...

AL> It is disabled by default, in compliance with the current standard.

   The current standard, as in what the remaining four ZCs decide on, yes. What a tangled web they weave. And they have enough RCs on their strings to maintain their old stranglehold of Fidonet so they all can keep their imaginary Mickey Mouse Hats.

   Jeezzz, how I would love to see this so called FTSC election being turned into a proper revolution, that we obviously, nay, desperately need if all this childish "it's the US vs. the Euros -- either you're with us or you're against us -- every attempt to criticise us is proof of hatred" and so on, will ever stop.

   From a massive mail exchange recently, I can only judge that the majority of the few, remaining Fidonet users are really fed up with this childish, school yard bullying from a few select Z1 artefacts.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
* Origin: news://felten.yi.org (2:203/2)