Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 1631 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Ivan Agarkov                     2:5020/849.1       08 Dec 14 14:38:26
Кому : andrew clarke                                       08 Dec 14 14:38:26
Тема : FSP-1016
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/849.1+5485bb17
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=3:633/267+54854324
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hi, andrew!

andrew clarke wrote Ivan Agarkov at 16:39 08 дек 14

IA>> IMHO: we DO need new and friendly GUI tools for newbies.

ac> This has been true for as long as people have been using GUIs, but I'm
ac> not sure that at this point in FidoNet's life creating easier-to-use
ac> tools is really going to encourage many more people to use it. There's
ac> also the (maybe not very convincing) argument that if you make it too
ac> easy then you'll attract the wrong type of people.

10 years ago it was how to keep stupid people out. But now, when most of children born with phone and tablet knowelege of IT doesn't assure high IQ.

ac> Having said that, an idea that's long been kicking around in my head
ac> is a Windows installer consisting of BinkD, HPT and GoldED+ plus a
ac> small set of .cmd files that are just enough to scan, toss and poll a
ac> bossnode.

I'm going other way: I implemented all in my software to control full lifecycle of Fido message.
But Im not very familiar with GUI, so my jnode hasn't any gui today.

ac> Is there a Windows mail reader that runs as a GUI app these days?

A year or two ago Evgeny Maletin builed KUBUK point package for windows, as you described above.
You could ask him what apps did he use.

ac> useful to some people. BinkD and HPT should run OK on Android, so the
ac> hard part would be to develop a GUI mail reader, assuming nobody's
ac> done that yet.

Sergey Poziturin already developed Android Fidonet reader called HotDogEd . It's written on Java and uses some classes from jnode.
Any app in android/ios runs in sandbox so you couldn't run binkd than transfer data to hpt than to golded.

Bye!

Best regards,
      Ivan.
--- /usr/bin/vim