Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 1352 из 7127 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          18 Oct 14 21:41:34
Кому : Maurice Kinal                                       18 Oct 14 21:41:34
Тема : FTSC-5001 question
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=4134.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+18a85cf4
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/7001.0+544301e5
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
  Re: FTSC-5001 question
  By: Maurice Kinal to Carol Shenkenberger on Sun Oct 19 2014 12:12 am

MK> Hey Carol!

CS>> Really glad he doesnt work in my office for example.

MK> Unless you've undergone a dramatic change in office since I last knew what
MK> your office represented, as well as his city/country of residence, AND the
MK> current status between both of your respective countries, I am extremely
MK> doubtful that will happen.

Naw, not very likely!

CS>> He could however use some training in human interactions.

MK> Yes but I am not any better than he is in the human interactive department
MK> so I'll leave the above call to you.  I am confident you can handle him
MK> without breaking into too much of a sweat.

I manage to interact with him on a professional level.  He can make some good
points at times.  I have no problem with voting for him in my regional election
and will do so.  That he 'does not play well with others' is just a part of who
he is but doesnt detract from his work on the FTSC that much.

On the FTSC, I have been the wild card from day one.  I don't look at things as
'my zone does this' but at 'a zone finds this useful'.  I look for things that
if mandated can damage a specfic zone.  I look for things that one zone does
which can benefit us all.

The Z2 nodelist reduction for example was well done thouyh there were a few
needed shifts due to product differences across the world.

Probably the inceptional issue we all face is polarization.  It can be to a
software, a zone, or local habits.  The lack of recognition of the other POV as
something valid to check out is both human nature and something we should all
look at ourselves over and try to broaden our understandings around.

Some folks keep looking at zone numbers to decide on a reply.  How idiotic!
I've been too many sides of that one to care what zone a person is in.  If they
are right, they are right.  If they are wrong, same thing.

One of the issues right now is CDP.  I agree it needs to be a standard and in
fact, has been for a long time.  I fought to have it as a flag 'way back when'.

Not all the FTSC really understand/engulf what it is and what it means.  I do
and stand with Micheal on this as it is a rightness.  It makes a real
difference in some regions. (For the rest, CDP is a flag for a site that uses a
sort of automated point connection, similar in concept to how SBBS has a
connect to call out to it's own set of messages but CDP points (for lack of a
better term) have access to all fidonet).

   xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)