Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Aug 24 00:39:47, всего сообщений: 7127
= Сообщение: 1409 из 7127 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          22 Oct 14 20:20:48
Кому : Maurice Kinal                                       22 Oct 14 20:20:48
Тема : FTSC-5001 question
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=4191.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+18ad903f
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:153/7001.0+5447236f
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
  Re: FTSC-5001 question
  By: Maurice Kinal to Carol Shenkenberger on Wed Oct 22 2014 03:24 am

MK>> WHAT?!?!?!  No app for Fidonet?

CS>> LOL!  That app had a person who was looking into it around 2002/4
CS>> or so.  She was in the FTSC.  It was SMS related and not well
CS>> explained.

MK> Seems to me smartphones are still employing SMS messaging, or at least
the
MK>  Android based ones from what little research I've done along this line.

MK> More recent attempts to Fido-ize smartphones look to be using nntp based
  Python applications from what little I've heard and seen about such
  things.  However given that there are ftp, telnet and ssl client apps it
  seems to me that something more FTN-ish is doable but not having messed
  with those devices much I really don't have meaningful insight into them.
  For sure the little playing around on the iPad to get it connecting with
  the eeepc turned me off to those particular toys.  I can see them being
  handy for students, perhaps business types, for digital textbooks,
  reports, charts and the such.  Nothing I noticed on there that appealed to
  me personally.

MK> Now that you mention it, wasn't she a Romanian or something close to
 Romanian?  I seem to recall some chatter around that time about it.

Yes, Angela Hruska (or close to that)

It didn't fly and she left but the idea was a missed opportunity if she had
some development behind it.  It was never clear to me if she had some suppoting
code or not.

What came over to me from her posts was a desire to add something new that some
'old guard' rejected before it was fleshed out and it sort of 'stopped'.  I do
not know if had some solid beginning code or not behind it.  I think I recall
her saying her husband was the coder and didnt do english to her level if that
helps.

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)