Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 3340 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          13 Nov 17 18:27:03
Кому : Alexey Vissarionov                                  13 Nov 17 18:27:03
Тема : Questions for them
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=6184.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+1e6f786f
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+5a099909
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:3634/12.73+5a0a3104
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:5020/545+5a0ab496
Ответ: area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=2:240/1661+5a08bb35
  Re: Questions for them
  By: Alexey Vissarionov to Carol Shenkenberger on Mon Nov 13 2017 03:30 pm

CS>> 1. Which FTSC projects/products interest you the most? (can be
CS>> several). Need not come with exact document name as some of them
CS>> span several.

AV> All, at least because I run the ftsc.org site containing them.

grin, I like these questions because they arent the normal.  They seem to bring
out more of 'who we are' than the standard ones.  Probably most here didnt kow
you maintain the site.

CS>> 2. How familar are you with the issues that *C's face? No harm if
CS>> you are not or never have been one but include alternets as the
CS>> experience can be the same.

AV> Being the hub in a quite large network (2:5020) I'm aware of some.

Uh, yeah. I'd say so.

CS>> 3. If you have been a *C and experienced a site that needed
CS>> alternative to normal delivery, how did you deal with it?

AV> Does the "site" mean "node" here?

Yes.  I'm not expecting something as wild as me at sea for months on end, but
something outside your standard.  Like possibly node/site has to be emailed
instead of netmailed due to frequent travel or something like that. Idea is
'out of the normal pattern'.

CS>> If you have not experienced that, what do you think you would do?

AV> I have such experience, and (just a small) part of my knowledge is being
AV> (slowly) written as a FSP.

Works for me!  BTW, I am in on some of that if I catch your meaning.  I am
testing it first (in progress). I will collaberate with you in netmail later on
it.  I *may* be close to the same desire.  Your help to refine it will be
valuable.

CS>> 4. Since there is a call to conduct FTSC business mostly in the FTSC
CS>> Public echo, how do you feel about that and why? What should remain
CS>> in the private echo and what transparent here?

AV> That was my idea, so I fully agree with it :-)

Ok, not unexpected!

CS>> 5. How good do you think you are at working with others, especially
CS>> if their view is opposite to yours? How do you handle that?

AV> That heavily depends of the opponents' experience and competence: I'd
AV> consider more seriously the person who writes FTN software or runs a
large
AV> distribution node, than a chatterbox from a two-human "network" (or even
AV> "region").

Fair enough that this is your call.

AV> Two numbers to compare:

AV> gremlin@nb:~/dev/husky/hpt > git log | grep ^commit | wc -l
AV> 68

AV> gremlin@fido:~ > grep ^link ~/fido/etc/links | wc -l
AV> 202

Smile, you may have to explain that to the average person here trying to figure
out who to vote for as the RC calls come out.  Most are not *nix admin or use
husky.  I would hope all knw you are very technical but suspect you zoomed over
many heads there that are going to be voting.

(For the rest, been a bit but he seems to be pulling up a list of links? I am
not a *nix person other than casually since about 2002 and i never used HPT.
I could be wrong but he looks tobe piping changes to commit them to some HPT
area then greping them back out.  AV is very technical and no one would
disagree with that statement.  He's probably the most technical on the FTSC).

  xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)