Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции FTSC_PUBLIC с датами от 13 Sep 13 18:57:24 до 01 Jul 24 00:39:40, всего сообщений: 7125
= Сообщение: 3402 из 7125 ====================================== FTSC_PUBLIC =
От   : Carol Shenkenberger              1:275/100          20 Nov 17 22:27:22
Кому : Sean Dennis                                         20 Nov 17 22:27:22
Тема : Re: Questions for them
FGHI : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=6248.ftsc_pub@1:275/100+1e78eb82
На   : area://FTSC_PUBLIC?msgid=1:18/200@fidonet+562f2a92
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
  Re: Re: Questions for them
  By: Sean Dennis to Carol Shenkenberger on Mon Nov 13 2017 05:47 pm

SD> -=> Carol Shenkenberger wrote to All Candidates <=-

SD> Hi Carol,

SD> I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Glad to hear too!  I didnt answer right away and could claim it was a sick dog,
sick kid or anything else, but lets not bother.  I was off doing Thanksgiving
charity if you must know (grin, really, Mayflower Marithon organization in
Virginia Beach, one of many who helped).

CS>> 1.  Which FTSC projects/products interest you the most? (can be
CS>> several). Need not come with exact document name as some of them
CS>> span several.

SD> To be honest, I haven't kept up with a lot, though I know there is a
SD> debate about "mobile nodes" going on. I agree with Michiel that there
SD> probably isn't going to be a lot of expansion technology-wise with FTN but
SD> there is a dire need for documenting what already is available and
SD> working.

Fair enough! Over time I saw rivers of trying to mandate all support a
partiular codepage and only jumped in when they tryed to mandate deadware
systems who could not support had to turn off their systems if they could not
update.

CS>> 2.  How familar are you with the issues that *C's face?  No harm if
CS>> you are not
CS>> or never have been one but include alternets as the experience can
CS>> be the same.

SD> Having been RC11 in the early 2000s, yes, I am. I have also been running
SD> The Micronet Information Network, a FTN-style network with QWK/NNTP gates,
SD> for 17 years now. I have been the zone coordinator the entire time. Lots
SD> of little headaches but they get fixed.

Same here with Battlenet now.

CS>> 3.  If you have been a *C and experienced a site that needed
CS>> alternative to normal delivery, how did you deal with it?  If you
CS>> have not experienced that, what do you think you would do?

SD> I have no problems with alternative delivery methods. I would say that
SD> BinkP is pretty standard in this age of the Internet though POTS is still
SD> a viable option also. My system can handle BinkP, FTP, ifcico, and mailer
SD> over telnet connections.

;-)

CS>> 4.  Since there is a call to conduct FTSC business mostly in the
CS>> FTSC Public echo, how do you feel about that and why?  What should
CS>> remain in the private echo and what transparent here?

SD> I don't have a problem with the FTSC conducting a majority of its business
SD> in the open. What should remain private are any interpersonal issues
SD> within the FTSC (though we all know what happens with that eventually) or
SD> discussions about ideas and subjects that should be discussed privately
SD> first and get the agreement of the majority of the group before discussing
SD> things publicly.

I think I agree.  I lean to what was posted earlier, stays there.  I personally
have nothing to fear there but people who said things in private to me that
they would not want public, should have that freedom. There were some very ugly
posts at me 2001-2007 and I not only don't want to see them again, I don't want
others to take them in to flavor how those people are today.  Some of them had
rough edges then that have smoothed out now and should not be taken to task for
youth and excitement of then.

CS>> 5.  How good do you think you are at working with others, especially
CS>> if their view is opposite to yours?  How do you handle that?

SD> I don't have a problem with working with others. Outright castigation for
SD> suggesting something, well, not a good idea.

Nor should that ever happen there, mor have EVER happened there.

CS>> For candidates, there are no right or wrong answers here. While we
CS>> may see some
CS>> differences between zones, we may also see a lot of commonality that
CS>> wasn't clear before.  We succeed because we span a wide range of
CS>> capabilities regardless of where we physically reside.

SD> Fidonet has been and will be "controlled anarchy". We're all in this
SD> together whether we realize it or not. The network's survival and
SD> viability in today's age of instant gratification rests on our ability to
SD> modernize, extend, and make the network attractive to new sysops who would
SD> be interested in participating.

Smile.  I like your answers.

  Carol
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)