FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 08 Oct 24 18:38:13, всего сообщений: 7441
= Сообщение: 1003 из 7441 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       25 Nov 14 21:46:06
Кому : BjЎrn Felten                                        25 Nov 14 21:46:06
Тема : Relay6
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5003.4+5474ef88
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:203/2+5474e600
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Hello BjЎrn!

25 Nov 14 21:26, you wrote to me:

KvE>> That is because you do not know the trics.
BF>    Of course I don't, not after a couple of hours.

 I don't blame you.

KvE>> In the main config should contain:

BF>    (...snip...)

BF>    In Argus I had all the passwords imported from FrontDoor some 15 years
BF> ago. Since then I've added a few, of course (and unfortunately not found
BF> the time to remove the ones no longer in use).

 Well if your password file has hardly changed in 15 years, it bodes
 very little work for the future after you made similar file for binkd.

BF>    When there's a new nodelist, a semaphore file tells Argus to
BF> compile
BF> the new list -- takes less than a second. Can it be much easier?

 If you use DNS as nodelist, you do not bother about a nodelist.
 I you want a local list, you run the conversion to binkd.nl and move
 that file to the proper location. If you have started binkd with the -C
 parameter, it will see a file in the configuration has changed and reload.

 You can always modify the config while binkd is running, as soon as you save
 the file or subfile, binkd will reload within 1 min.

KvE>> After it is setup, there is very little to maintain.
BF>    From your description, obviously there is?

 I said after initial setup.

KvE>> How many simultainous sessions can Argus handle?

BF>    I don't remember if I could set that in Argus, but in Radius: unlimited
BF> -- as long as you have memory enough, AFAIK. But when I tried 20 the
BF> logfile looked like shit, so I think I now have it on eight or something.
BF> Why?

BF>    How long does it take you to recompile the new nodelist for binkd and
BF> then make it ready for it?

 I do a lot of trickery when compiling a nodelist for binkd and it is all
 written in shell scripts. So it takes some time depending on the hardeware
 where it runs. For the main node I also test the hostnames for their validity.
 That takes time as well. As soon as I have recompiled the my binkd.nl I
 move the file into position. The two deamons will then reload as soon as
 their interval for looking at the file timestamp has passed.

 The time a recompile takes is quite irrelevant for a weekly or even ad daily
 event. It has no influence on the performance of binkd.

BF>    But while I'm talking to an expert, why do I get an "error" like:

 I am far from an expert.

BF> ? Cannot find domain for zone 3, assuming 'fidonet'
BF> + addr: 3:640/384@fidonet

BF>    3:640/384 is in my compiled nodelist as 3:640/384@fidonet...

 That question has been answere in one of the echo recently. It is a
 warning, and I ignore it. You ca get rid of it by not using the option
 to derive the outgoing directories from the default zone.

 Just declare the outgoing directories for all three zones.

BF>    Sometimes during my first trials I got the same error for Z1 nodes,
BF> but
BF> they seem to have been accepted by binkd by now...

 It is a warning. Others may give you a more precise solution.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207  GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)