FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 1155 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         03 Jan 15 17:24:12
Кому : Bill McGarrity                                      03 Jan 15 17:24:12
Тема : Ipv6 review...
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+54a81af8
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=619.2ipv6@1:266/404+190c736e
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=627.2ipv6@1:266/404+190dadf6
Hello Bill,

On Friday January 02 2015 19:44, you wrote to All:

BM> First, I appreciate all the help everyone has given me. Thanks...

You'r welcome.

BM> Now, here is my plan.

Ah, a man with a plan...;-)

BM> I am going to leave my 1:266/404 node strictly IPv4.  I am going to
BM> contact my NC and ask for another node # to operate strickly IPv6.
BM> I've already setup ipv6.tequilamockingbirdonline.net as a AAAA dns and
BM> it's working.  That's the INA I'll be using.  I am going to forget
BM> D'Bridge for now and just run binkd as a service stricly for that node
BM> and still let IRex handle the IPv4..

Forgive my bluntness, but I think that is a lousy plan. By splitting up your IP connectivity between IPv4 and IPv6 and using separate nodes with a different mailer for each, you are making things much more complicated for both yourself and te rest of Fidonet.

BM> OR...

BM> Will binkd handle both IPv4 and IPv6 and figure out the correct one to
BM> use on connect?

Every IPv6 capable mailer will also do IPv4 and figure out for itself which one to use. And if IPv6 does not work for some reason, it will automativally fall back to IPv4 if possible, And vice versa. Actually, it will be the OS that does all that. The mailer is on the application layer, IPv4/IPv6 is on the internet layer. Two layers lower in the pile.

BM> Now, to work on the correct flags for the new node.  Being it is IPv6
BM> only, in reading I should tell Mike to also add U,INO4?

An IPv6 only node should carry the INO4 flag. As a regular flag, not a user flag.

But I strongly advise against that. Things get much more complicated with having to maintain a separate config for IPv6 and IPv4. Besides: automatic fall back will not work with a separate IPv4 and IPv6 mailer.

BM> One other thing.  Should both nodes share the same netmail, inbound
BM> and outbound folders? I say yes but I wanted to make sure.

See? There you go already! ;-)

Forget about Irex. It has not been updated in a decade, it is de facto abandonware. Perhaps you gave up on D'Bridge too quickly.

Or.. go for binkd. It actually is the only mailer for Windows that has proven to do IPv6 and it presently is the most popular binkd mailer, so there is a lot op experience out there.

* Origin: 2001:470:1f15:1117::1 (2:280/5555)