FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 2054 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         02 Feb 16 11:57:51
Кому : Joe Delahaye                                        02 Feb 16 11:57:51
Тема : Your IPv6 connectivity
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+56b08bb0
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2571.ipv6@1:249/303+1b15575d
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2577.ipv6@1:249/303+1b160c4d
Hello Joe,

On Monday February 01 2016 21:41, you wrote to me:

MV>> AFAIK, neither Qdiff, nor Xlaxdiff has a line lenght limitation
MV>> <163 chars.

JD> Sadly, since switching to Windows 10, neither one will run.  Not in
JD> CMD nor in Command windows.

Which has go nothing to do with the issue at hand: the long line length due to the presence of a literal IPv6 address.

JD> The Intermail compiler will also not run as a seperate entity, but
JD> will run in IMConfig for some strange reason.  The only reason I still
JD> do these things, is because of the IE editor which uses the nodelist,
JD> and which I still have to use at times.

All the above are 16 bit programs. The newer Windows version don't take kindly to that. The path I have choosen is to get rid of the 16 bit stuff.

MV>> Another thing is how binkp.net will deal with the literal IPv6
MV>> address and the two IBN flags. We will know next Friday.

JD> I have never used binkp.net, so have no idea what it does.

It is a dns service that returns Ip adresses for node.net.zone.binkp.net. I use it as the deafault to crash mail to nodes that are not in my binkd.cfg.

JD> I was thinking of purchasing another Domain Name, if it is possible to
JD> tie it directly to my system here.  I do not know how to set up a AAAA
JD> record, and even where my delahaye.ca is registered has no plans for
JD> IPv6 I just found out.

Then get rid of them. A DNS provider that does not support IPv6 yet, deserves to go bankrupt tomorrow. I have some of my domains registered with eurodns.com amd some others with transip.nl. They both have excellent IPv6 support. Setting up an AAAA record with them is easy, just follow the steps on their website. Nothing stops you from dealing with them if there is no such service available in NA.

JD> As well, I wonder if it is even possible, because I am usin windows 10
JD> Home edition, and apperently it will not take domain names. :(

Your OS has nothing to to with it. It is the DNS system that does the translation from symbolic host names to IP addresse.

* Origin: 2001:470:1f15:1117::1 (2:280/5555)