FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 2469 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         15 Apr 16 00:08:23
Кому : Tony Langdon                                        15 Apr 16 00:08:23
Тема : Ziggo & IPv6
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+57101ba0
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=921.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+1b73fce1
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=929.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+1b75dee8
Hello Tony,

On Thursday April 14 2016 07:01, you wrote to me:

MvV>> I think it is time we let those ISPs that are dragging their
MvV>> feet om IPv6 know, that we are nearing the point of "too little,
MvV>> Too late". The odd thing is that in general I am satisfied with
MvV>> them. They provide a stable service.

I have to give it to them: they took it seriously. Eerlier today they called me. Not to offer me an IPv6 Horizon Mediabox, they did not have that, but they had looked into my situation and noticed that I still had an old Motorole Surfboard modem. That old lady isn't going to support native IPv6. So they offered me a replacement modem/router that is IPv6 capable. So that when it is enabled in my area, I would have it.

Stay tuned...

TL> It's long past the time that IPv6 should be standard.

Of course.

Last week I had a hefty discussion in a Dutch forum. My position was that not only the ISPs and the manufacturers are to blame, but some of the blame rests on the consumers as well. It is the consumers that keep buying the IPv4 only stuff. A notorious example is teh Sony Play Station. PS4 needs a public IP address, but it has no IPv6 support. So... they stopped working properly when customers were switched to a DS-Lite connection.

They blamed the ISP.

My position was that they should blame Sony for being too late with supporting IPv6. Sony is not the grocerer around the corner, it is a globally operating company and surely UPC NL is not the first, the only, and the last company that is switching to DS-Lite. Sony should have seen this coming for years and adapted their product for the changing environment.

Maybe I wasn't all that diplomatic in conveying the message, but I still stand by it. Consumers have a responsibility as well. They should stop buying IPv4 only stuff/

And not just consumers have a responsibility. The same, and perhaps even more, applies to organisations financed by public money. A smoothly operating internet is a public interest.

MvV>> But after five years of promises, still no native IPv6. So I
MvV>> used the opportunity to tell them again how peeved I am. This
MvV>> time with the warning that they would not be the first party I
MvV>> walked away from for lack of IPv6 support.

TL> They need to hear that as often as possible.

See, above. At least they did listen..

* Origin: 2001:470:1f15:1117::1 (2:280/5555)