FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 3850 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         03 Dec 16 23:15:57
Кому : Nicholas Boel                                       03 Dec 16 23:15:57
Тема : Cable modem change
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+58434c2b
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1:154/10+5842df0e
Hello Nicholas,

On Saturday December 03 2016 08:50, you wrote to me:

MV>> https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/ipvfox/

MV>> I find it encouraging how many content providers already support
MV>> IPv6.

NB> I'm gonna snag that up right now, actually. Sounds like fun. [30
NB> seconds go by]

NB> I dig it. When I hit my own website I get a nice big 6/little 6
NB> display to the right of the address bar. I'll make sure to keep an eye
NB> on it while browsing. Thanks for the link! :)

When you left click on the big 6, it will give you the IP address of this page plus a list of IP adresses that are associated with link on the page. Green for 6 and red for 4. Ever so often you see a mixture of green and red, indicating that we stiil are a long way from IPv6 only.

MV>> I am not going to hold my breath either, but I think we will
MV>> eventually see the train coming on steam. It is unavoidable.

NB> It's definitely unavoidable at some point. But the wait could continue
NB> to be quite hefty. I hope not, though.

Now that we are beginning to see adoptation percentages way above 50% from some of the big ones, I am getting a bit more optimistic. Of course it helps that after all these years, my patience is finally rewarded and I have native IPv6. :)

MV>> It appears I was wrong. The Ubee modem/router DOES have IPv6
MV>> access to its web interface. But... not from a Win Xp system. On
MV>> my laptop running Win 7, I can access the web interface via the
MV>> link local address,

NB> Via the router's link local address, correct?

Yes, the one derived from the LAN side MAC.

The SLAAC address derived from delegated prefix and the LAN side MAC BTW, also works. Luckily that is not the only way, because that would lead to an interesteing chicken and egg problem in an IPv6 only environment. The get to know that address, you would need to get access to the router's web indetrface first... :-)

NB> Did you have to go to the direct link? For example, when I hit
NB> "192.168.1.1" it goes to "http://192.168.1.1/Main_Login.asp" or
NB> something like that, so did you use "[ipv6 address]/Main_Login.asp"?
NB> or did the redirection work properly for you?

Here it is 182.168.178.1  That gest you directly to the login page.

NB> Also, did you have to use brackets around the IPv6 address? I remember
NB> this being an issue at one point, but some software seems to not
NB> require them.

Yes, the brackets are required. They are needed to resolve the ambiguity that arises because the colon is also used as the separator between an address and a port number.

Also see  FRL-1019, FRL-1036, RFC 2732 and RFC 3986.

MV>> Not all of the bigger ones and not in all countries. But some of
MV>> the big ones ARE moving. In the US, Comcast, Verizon and T-Mobile
MV>> ARE moving:

NB> Sure they are moving, but at turtle speed. :)

No, some really are moving. Not greased lightning, but not frozen turtle either. Trotting speed I'd say:

http://www.worldipv6launch.org/apps/ipv6week/measurement/images/graphs/KPN.png

KPN is the former Dutch incumbent.

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)