FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 4050 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         13 Jan 17 14:33:51
Кому : Tony Langdon                                        13 Jan 17 14:33:51
Тема : Connect...??
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5878db50
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1231.fido-binkd@3:633/410+1cdd50f7
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2508.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+1cde92b3

*** Answering a msg posted in area BINKD (Binkd mailer).

Hello Tony,

On Friday January 13 2017 10:42, you wrote to Nicholas Boel:

TL> Same on mine, manufacturers dumbing things down too much, because
TL> there is a key difference between port forwarding and packet
TL> filtering.  In port forwarding, the internal host can use a different
TL> port to what the public sees. With packet filtering, that's normally
TL> not possible, because the router is doing nothing more than accepting
TL> or blocking traffic to a specific port on a LAN host.  It is not
TL> rewriting packets.

Same here. In my cable modem/router IPv4 port forwarding and IPv6 port unblocking are done on the same page in the web interface. There are 9 fields:

Local IP Address
Local Start Port
Local End port
External IP Address
External Start Port
External End Port
Protocol (TCP/IDP/BOTH)
Description
Enabled (YEs/No)

When creating a new entry I can choose between "Create IPv4", "Create IPv6" and Create MCv6

When selecting IPv4, alle fields are available. When selecting IPv6 or MACv6, the fields for External IP Address, External Start Port and External End Port gray out.

I don't like this way of presenting it. It is indeed dumbing things down and it creates confusion for both the experienced and the dummies. Hé, why can't I enter external addresses and ports for IPv6?

TL> So, when you're using IPv6, an extra constraint is that the host needs
TL> to be listening on the same port that the public sees

Indeed, but explain that to a newbie... Considering IPv4 and IPv6 are on the same page named "port forwarding".

TL> (My router only has a single field for the port in IPv6).

Here I can enter a port range, but only one set for IPv6. For IPv4 there is an external and an internal range. (Which must be of equal size of course).

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)