FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 01 Apr 24 00:03:00, всего сообщений: 7402
= Сообщение: 6180 из 7402 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         26 Oct 19 12:31:24
Кому : Andrew Leary                                        26 Oct 19 12:31:24
Тема : IPv6 mandatory in Belarus?
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5db426e3
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=1:320/219@fidonet+5db3f42b
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=1325.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+221a0596
Hello Andrew,

On Saturday October 26 2019 03:19, you wrote to me:

MV>> https://preview.tinyurl.com/y6klkfwj

MV>> Ain't that something. ;-)

AL> It will be interesting seeing if this mandate has any effect on IPv6
AL> adoption rates.  After all, they can require the ISP to offer it, but
AL> they can hardly force the end users to use it.

As long as they still offer fully functional IPv4, they can indeed not force the end users to use IPv6. But depending on the local implementation they can discourage end users to not use the default setting of "IPv6 first".

Here in The Netherlands the default situation is that the customer is issued a modem/router by the ISP. If that modem/router supports IPv6, and all the new ones do, then the user has to go through some effort to switch it off. Most users will have no idea and not meddle with the settings. All modern OSs and all modern applications have supported IPv6 for well over a decade. So John and Ann Median will use IPv6 by default.

In countries were end users have to buy their own modem/router this will be different. I don't know how this is in Belarus.

AL> There will be some that continue to ignore the issue as long as the
AL> things they want to do are still working without it.

Yes there will always be some that will continue to use stone age IPv4 only stuff for as long as it will still function. To my dissapointment I see a lot of them here in Fidonet. Once - a long time ago - fidonet was driven by pioneers. Sysops were always eager to try something new. But those days are gone. Many sysops these days won't even bother to have a look at IPv6 even if their ISP offers it. :(

* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)