FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 2250 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Alexey Vissarionov               2:5020/545         19 Mar 16 11:00:00
Кому : Joe Delahaye                                        19 Mar 16 11:00:00
Тема : Blocking Routers from installing Open Source
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2:5020/545+56ed0703
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2755.ipv6@1:249/303+1b51a900
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:310/31+56ed23ad
Good ${greeting_time}, Joe!

18 Mar 2016 16:42:36, you wrote to All:

JD> If you have not yet seen this, have a look. Apparently most, if not
JD> all router manufacturers are blocking the installation of open source
JD> software on their equipment now due to FCC requirements

Who cares of FCC when shipping their hardware outside EU(*)?

JD> Take your pick of the URL you want to use <G>. They all end up on the
JD> same page
JD> http://www.pcworld.com/article/3044594/open-source-tools/tp-link
JD> -blocks-open-source-router-firmware-to-comply-with-new-fcc-rules.html

Been there, read that.

If the weather radars may be affected by domestic devices like WiFi APs and microwave ovens, these radars had to be declared incompliant to all possible requirements. In the terms of FCC policies,
#include <FTA-1006>
they MAY emit anything, but neither radio waves MUST NOT cause indesired operation.

Well, I realize that there're very different engineering schools with different approaches to construction, but weather radars in airports are the life safety devices...

Also, as the WiFi devices are shipped worldwide, any and all locks will be implemented only at the firmware level. Ad absurdum: if some company would implement the transmission power and frequency lock in hardware, that would affect all devices, including those shipped to other countries without such stupid rules; that means, this company would voluntarily leave their market share to competitors who implement locks in firmware, which is impossible.

And once the locks will be in firmware, it would be possible to reprogram it. Also, there are http://www.aliexpress.com/category/200002351/access-points.html?isFreeShip=y and http://www.aliexpress.com/category/70803001/wireless-routers.html?isFreeShi p=y

JD> ?token=%23tk.PCW

Unless you really want to frame some innocent Roger Rabbit, please strip these "parameters" - they are used only for tracking the spreading of the link.

(*) Estados Unidas

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin.ru!gremlin; +vii-cmiii-cmlxxvii-mmxlviii

... GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: http://openwall.com/Owl (2:5020/545)