FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 3578 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Tony Langdon                     3:633/410          18 Sep 16 09:03:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               18 Sep 16 09:03:00
Тема : Re: List of IPv6 nodes
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2035.fido-ipv6@3:633/410+1c437d2a
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+57dd4ffc
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
-=> Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Tony Langdon <=-

MvV> The important difference here is that for dedades there has been
MvV> another network in use: the coax cable. 90% of the households in The
MvV> Netherlands do not just have a pair of wires for the telephone come to
MvV> the house, but also a coax cable.

Cable is only available in a few of the major cities and a couple of regional
towns.  There is no cable in town here.

MvV> But then when the market opened some 20 years ago, the cable companies
MvV> added two way functionality to the cable and started offering telephony
MvV> and not much later boadband internet as well.

Similar happened here.  The cable networks are much newer, built in the 1990s,
and offering broadband by 2000.

MvV> But the cable companies still have a momopoly on their medium. The do
MvV> not have to allow third parties on the cable and so they don't.

Until recently, it was the same here too.  However, in a deal to roll out the
new national network, I believe the cable networks are going to become part of
the new network, meaning you should be able to get service from any ISP as the
government owned company takes the cables over.

MvV> And now in some areas fiber is coming as a third physical medium. And
MvV> to top it off there is 4G...

Here, fibre is part of the new NBN.  mobile connectivity is a different issue.
There's 3 major companies rolling out infrastructure there, and a heap of
resellers.

... A day for firm decisions!!!!! Or is it?
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
* Origin: Freeway BBS - freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)