FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 2057 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Joe Delahaye                     1:249/303          02 Feb 16 10:33:16
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               02 Feb 16 10:33:16
Тема : Your IPv6 connectivity
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2577.ipv6@1:249/303+1b160c4d
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+56b08bb0
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+56b0dc91
  Re: Your IPv6 connectivity
  By: Michiel van der Vlist to Joe Delahaye on Tue Feb 02 2016 11:57:51

JD>> Sadly, since switching to Windows 10, neither one will run.  Not in
JD>> CMD nor in Command windows.

MV> Which has go nothing to do with the issue at hand: the long line length
MV> due to the presence of a literal IPv6 address.

JD>> The Intermail compiler will also not run as a seperate entity, but
JD>> will run in IMConfig for some strange reason.  The only reason I
JD>> still do these things, is because of the IE editor which uses the
JD>> nodelist, and which I still have to use at times.

MV> All the above are 16 bit programs. The newer Windows version don't take
MV> kindly to that. The path I have choosen is to get rid of the 16 bit stuff.

JD>> I have never used binkp.net, so have no idea what it does.

MV> It is a dns service that returns Ip adresses for node.net.zone.binkp.net.
MV> I use
MV> it as the deafault to crash mail to nodes that are not in my binkd.cfg.

i'm using the binkd.txt that is updated weekly.

JD>> I was thinking of purchasing another Domain Name, if it is possible
JD>> to tie it directly to my system here.  I do not know how to set up a
JD>> AAAA record, and even where my delahaye.ca is registered has no
JD>> plans for IPv6 I just found out.

MV> Then get rid of them. A DNS provider that does not support IPv6 yet,
MV> deserves to go bankrupt tomorrow. I have some of my domains registered
MV> with eurodns.com amd some others with transip.nl. They both have excellent
MV> IPv6 support. Setting
MV> up an AAAA record with them is easy, just follow the steps on their
MV> website. Nothing stops you from dealing with them if there is no such
MV> service available in NA.

It was a case of my original DNS provider being sold to unfortunately an
American entity.  I may lookin into transferring if that is possible.

JD>> As well, I wonder if it is even possible, because I am usin windows
JD>> 10 Home edition, and apperently it will not take domain names. :(

MV> Your OS has nothing to to with it. It is the DNS system that does the
MV> translation from symbolic host names to IP addresse.

There is a part in the networking setup that has space for a Domain.  That is
what I was referring to.  I am finding the networking in 10 very difficult
comparted to windows 7.  Permissions are weird, and even though I h ave set it
up to use the internal networking with no password, one is still needed.
--- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)