FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции IPV6
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции IPV6 с датами от 31 Jul 11 14:37:00 до 03 Oct 24 21:46:09, всего сообщений: 7440
= Сообщение: 2373 из 7440 ============================================= IPV6 =
От   : Joe Delahaye                     1:249/303          05 Apr 16 16:27:14
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               05 Apr 16 16:27:14
Тема : DS-Lite
FGHI : area://IPV6?msgid=2884.ipv6@1:249/303+1b6960e6
На   : area://IPV6?msgid=2:280/5555+5703eb7f
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
  Re: DS-Lite
  By: Michiel van der Vlist to Joe Delahaye on Tue Apr 05 2016 18:33:58

JD>> But with tunnel brokers starting to shut down that service that
JD>> looks rather bleak as well.

MV> Oh, c'mon. There is just one tunnel broker, that MAY shut down. It is not
MV> the only fish in the sea. he.net comes to mind and they show no signs of
MV> quitting ant time soon. And there are others.

Yes, but once one starts, others tend to follow

JD>> Since it is pretty much the largest ISP in this country, I dont
JD>> think they will go away anytime soon.

MV> Don't put any money on that. If they do not start with IPv6 soon, they
MV> will be out of the race within five years.

Maybe.  They are at present trying to prevent ISPs like mine from being able to
use the fibre Optics that they are laying.  Their excuse is, if that is allowed
(already the case as ordered by our regulatory agency), they will have to stop
the Fibre optic stuff.  I have no idea why, other then they want to control the
market completely.  I just read an article from CIRA of which I am a member,
that Bell, prefers to feed from US exchange hubs, because it is more profit for
them to have more hops, rather then one of the local Canadian hubs which would
speed things up.

JD>> They and the other big two ISPs tend to control the market, and
JD>> either surpress, or buy out startups.

MV> Watch what happens when large parts of the Internet become unreacheable by
MV> their customers.

I just wonder if there is some work around they can use.

JD>> Even though I am no longer with them, I still have to use their
JD>> lines, and switches, and they control how big a bandwidth I get or
JD>> the speed at which I can transfer files.

MV> Hmm.. Not so good. :(
--- SBBSecho 2.33-Win32
* Origin: The Lions Den BBS, Trenton, On, CDN (1:249/303)