FGHIGate на GaNJa NeTWoRK ST@Ti0N - Просмотр сообщения в эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.TODAY
Введите FGHI ссылку:

Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции RU.FIDONET.TODAY с датами от 09 Jul 13 15:35:00 до 19 Sep 24 22:16:54, всего сообщений: 47117
= Сообщение: 7260 из 47117 ================================ RU.FIDONET.TODAY =
От   : Alexey Vissarionov               2:5020/545         31 Mar 17 19:05:00
Кому : Anton Mikhaylov                                     31 Mar 17 19:05:00
Тема : Two points on one software package
FGHI : area://RU.FIDONET.TODAY?msgid=2:5020/545+58de7e2e
На   : area://RU.FIDONET.TODAY?msgid=2:5066/18.42+009c1d80
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Доброго времени суток, Anton!
31 Mar 2017 10:11:40, ты -> All:

AM> I'm moving forward to achieving this goal.
AM> 1:275 network coordinator contacted me and offered a node. So i've
AM> started working on BBS deployment on my linux VPS. As for now I have
AM> Mystic BBS configured and running. It is connected to FidoNet via
AM> point in 2:5066 network, and I'm already able to read echo
AM> conferences fed to me by 2:5066/18. Netmail also seems to be working
AM> fine since I was able to subscribe and unsubscribe to/from echoes by
AM> talking to AreaFix.
AM> Although I'm having some problems...

It seems like the primary source of these problems is your attempt to use BBS software on a node. Unless you exactly know how to set such configuration up (and this generally means being the developer), you may prefer setting up a "traditional" node, moving the BBS software to a dedicated point address.

AM> File tossing always fails with mutil logging wrong password settings.

Forget that (at least for a while) and set up the "primary" system to be able read and write echoareas.

AM> There's also a problem with posting messages in CP866 codepage. I was
AM> able to configure terminal to display CP866 properly, and that gave
AM> me an ability to read cyrillic messages. But I am unable to type any
AM> cyrillic symbols. I've tried different clients and operating systems
AM> with no success.

That's common mistake. Instead of all these attempts to use CP866, use KOI8-R, set the locale carefully and run GoldEd - that solves _all_ locale-related problems in a single shot.

AM> So that's where I am right now. If anybody can help with resolving
AM> issues I have, I'll be very grateful.

http://download.binkd.org/linux/
http://download.huskyproject.org/linux/

These two packages (binkd and hpt) are proved to be enough for a quick start. Configuration files for hpt are available at http://cvs.huskyproject.org/hpt/config/

If you have an Android device, you may install HotDogEd there and assign technical point address (usually .1) for yourself. Also, you may use the existing address (2:5066/18.42) there, while doing anything with a node.

So, your roadmap for the nearest future may look like:
0. Set up the point system.
1. Set up the node and wait until it appears in the nodelist.
2. Establish 2...3 links with different nodes (my node accepts new links).
3. Perform some final tuning.

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru; +vii-cmiii-ccxxix-lxxix-xlii

... Я не злопамятный, но логи веду
--- /bin/vi
* Origin: http://openwall.com/Owl/ru (2:5020/545)