Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8808 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : David Rance                      2:203/2            31 Jul 19 12:24:05
Кому : Björn Felten                                        31 Jul 19 12:24:05
Тема : Every coin has two sides
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d416c40
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d415fc0
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d417b40
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d41b7ef
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 11:30:46 Björn Felten -> All wrote:

BF> Boris J (of UK, not to be confused with Boris J of Russia) has, at
BF> least in Swedish media, been portrayed in a rather negative way. Even
BF> comparing him with The Orange One across the pond.

Interesting that that is the way he's being seen abroad. From our point of view he is being very positive, though whether that's in a good way or not remains to be seen. He makes Theresa May seem very lack-lustre.

Positive? Well he is as far as his own views are concerned. We are being left in no doubt as to what he wants to do but, to use an English expression, he's "playing to the gallery". He's announcing domestic things which we've been asking for for years, such as thousands more police within three years. He's now trying to woo the Scots by making them feel that Westminster is going to be more generous to them. And so on. Today he's in Northern Ireland trying to persuade them that they don't need the back stop. Oh boy!! Talk about fireworks!

And he's not afraid of saying that we must prepare for a no deal Brexit, knowing that the EU don't really want this and will avoid it if at all possible. Whether this rhetoric pays off or not remains to be seen but he has always believed that a no deal will not be the disaster that so many believe. It would hurt the EU as well as us but will it hurt them enough to be willing to make any concessions?

Well, I don't know. But, although I'm not sure whether Boris is on the right track, he is certainly livening up the country. The UK were sick and tired of hearing about Brexit because nothing was happening. Even the thought of a no deal Brexit brings more excitement because it makes us feel that it would be a positive step, instead of the negative disaster that everyone thought it would be. At least it won't happen by accident now!

Yes, BJ is positive. But will he be successful? And if he is, on what will his success depend? We are now in the throes of the greatest soap opera we have ever seen! The old script-writers ran out of ideas. The new ones are writing somewhat dangerous scripts and it's exciting. That is the Boris effect! Time will tell if we are all lemmings!

Oh, and while I think of it, the ex-Fido sysop is now Minister for a No Deal Brexit!!! What a claim to fame for Region 25!!!

David

--
Formerly ICHTHUS (Reading) UK (1987-2007 R.I.P.)  (2:292/854.110)

--- Turnpike/6.07-M (<XQyl6Ou$69cieS7O9Fj$A$90qL>)
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)