Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8832 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : David Rance                      2:203/2            05 Aug 19 10:51:18
Кому : Björn Felten                                        05 Aug 19 10:51:18
Тема : Brexit once again
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d47edfe
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d477158
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d47fb71
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d48361f
On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 01:59:25 Björn Felten -> Michiel van der Vlist wrote:

MvdV>> I say he is wasting his breath. The EU has made it abundantly
MvdV>>> clear that
MvdV>> the present deal is the final deal and that it will not be
MvdV>>> renegotiated.
MvdV>> Take it or leave it. If Boris does not understand that, we are heading
MvdV>> for a no deal Brexit. It is up to him to explain that to the people of
MvdV>> the UK and make them accept it.

BF>   I can't help wondering how many of the Yes to Brexit people really
BF> understand what they are heading for. So many problems they probably
BF> never even were informed about.

We weren't then but we are now, which is why I think that, were there a referendum now, things would swing the other way. But we have a cat in hell's chance of getting one.

No, we were fed a whole lot of untruths in the last referendum. It was a protest vote, and the biggest protest was about illegal immigration, but we failed to take into account the fact that the majority of immigrants weren't from the EU anyway. We were duped by the Leavers and, if the Remainers complained, they were just told that they were scare-mongering. It's so easy to sway a population. Look at the way the Pharisees swayed the crowds again Jesus.

Anyway, you're doing a bit of scare-mongering yourself:

BF>   Such as:

BF>   A) The border on Ireland to the North Ireland (that the UK insists
BF> on keeping). Now just a change of colour of the middle line of the road
BF> from white to yellow when you pass the border.

The border is a complex issue. If that is ignored then the Troubles will start all over again, with its consequent loss of life. If there is one thing that has prevented Brexit, it is that. What the EU wants to put in place with the backstop, in fact, stops us from being free from the EU. And what the UK insists on is that Northern Ireland will not be treated any differently to the rest of the UK. Northern Ireland doesn't want unification with the Republic, it wants to remain in the Union. *That* is the root cause of the inability to agree to the present deal.

BF>   B) No planes from the UK will be allowed to land anywhere on EU
BF> territory without prior, separate agreements with each of the EU member
BF> states.

So? That brings us in line with the rest of the world!

BF>   C) UK driver's license will no longer automatically be allowed in EU
BF> member states.

So? I don't anticipate any problem in getting to France with my driver's licence. Might need a bit more paperwork but nothing greater than what we had to do before 1972!

BF>   D) Medicine. The European Medicines Agency has moved from London to
BF> Amsterdam. There will be severe disruption in the distribution of
BF> medicine both in and out of the UK.

This problem has already been addressed.

BF>   And those are just a few from the top of my head...

And none of them require any more than putting agreements in place - as we have with the rest of the world. Remember, we managed pretty well *before" we joined the EU.

David

--
Formerly ICHTHUS (Reading) UK (1987-2007 R.I.P.)  (2:292/854.110)

--- Turnpike/6.07-M (<XNwl66ub69c24S7O0Fu$A$J9fB>)
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)