Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 9995 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : David Rance                      2:203/2            02 Dec 20 12:10:24
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               02 Dec 20 12:10:24
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5fc7761c
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5fc62c9f
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5fc7891c
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+14472925
On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 12:32:54 Michiel van der Vlist -> All wrote:

MvdV> At the end of the transition period, United Kingdom undertakings or
MvdV> organisations established in the United Kingdom but not in the Union,
MvdV> United Kingdom citizens who are not resident of a Union Member State,
MvdV> and United Kingdom residents who are not Union citizens will no longer
MvdV> be eligible to hold a .eu domain name.

MvdV> For all customers being affected, on 1 January 2021, your .eu domain
MvdV> name(s) will no longer comply with the .eu regulatory framework.

I have a friend (friends - married couple) who have an .eu domain. They are Irish but are domiciled and work in England. I shall be interested to see if they stop using their .eu domain as from next month. They do have other domains so it'll be no hardship. I would have thought that they would have an .ie domain.

I don't feel inclined to ask them about it because, whenever I ask them questions, I can never understand the answer!

MvdV> David, what will happen to your house in France? Do you still have it?

Yes, I do, but haven't been able to visit it this year because of Covid. Or, rather, because of my age, I didn't want to go over there only to find I couldn't get back to England.

Actually Ann and I made the house over to our youngest daughter about ten years ago in order not to incur death duties. It was a good thing we did as we weren't anticipating Ann's death quite so soon. But I have the usufruits to the property legally until I die.

Eleanor and her family went over there in July for four days to tidy things up and her husband, Sean, went over a few weeks ago to drain the system for the winter. Sean is an airline pilot and so has a "free" pass without Covid restrictions as long as it's for work. This was part of a work journey as he was leaving the firm in France that he worked for in October, so he flew over to Paris to "hand back the keys" (as it were!), hired a car to get him to Normandy to visit the house and back, and then flew on to Hungary to take up his new job.

As far as the future of the ownership of the property is concerned, nothing changes.

The news this morning that the Pfizer vaccine being approved in the UK is most welcome (thanks Pfizer in Belgium, where it's being manufactured) and, as I'm over eighty years old, I shall be one of the first in line to get it, so I'm looking forward to resuming my visits to Le Mesnil Villement in the New Year.

David

--
Formerly ICHTHUS (Reading) UK (1987-2007 R.I.P.)  (2:292/854.110)

--- Turnpike/6.07-M (<Tr$l6iZ769MRyT7OORo$AvRDfa>)
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)