Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 9867 из 12492 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Charles Pierson                  2:240/1120.976     15 Sep 20 03:07:57
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        15 Sep 20 03:07:57
Тема : Re: Beer
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120.976+9255c2c0
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0a3e1c19
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:423/39+5f608676
Hello, Ward Dossche.
On 9/15/20 7:56 AM you wrote:

WD> Then I respectfully have to conclude that your sampling-group of
WD> German bee... bee... bee.. (sorry, can't force the word through my
WD> lips in that context) is terribly flawed. As Bjorn explained,
WD> without knowledge of the dark monastic ales with which the
WD> lowlands are abundantly blessed you shouldn't even have the word
WD> "beer" in your vocabulary.

Is it not possible to enjoy dark ales as well as lighter brews? Each has their own unique things to enjoy.

WD> As for the American breweries ... ny first experience was 1972 as
WD> a 22yr old and I was appaled at what Americans called bee...
WD> bee,.. bee,,, <damn, it happens again> ... the last years however
WD> those small local outlets with mainly local output are closing the
WD> gap in taste and quality. What I like is those small
WD> taster-glasses in case you are treading on unknown territory and
WD> do not want to be unhappily surprized.

Most of what passes for beer here in America is only barely colored water.  But as you said some smaller outlets are doing a much better job of it.

Back in 1991, when I returned home from my adventure abroad, I was spending a lazy Saturday with friends.  A new, small, locally owned store opened in the spot a large national convenience chain decided they no longer needed to be.
Being the man I am, I decided to support this new small business by purchasing beer from there several times thought the day, as it was only about 1 block from where we were relaxing.
After one visit, the owner of the establishment questioned whether he should continue allowing me to purchase alcohol from him that day, as he was afraid of potential liability if I were to be involved in some sort of accident, even though I was on foot.  After I informed him I had only recently returned to the United States from Germany,. He exclaimed the I was only drinking water then and no longer worried about it.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android