Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 189 из 12490 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ulrich Schroeter                 2:240/1120         14 Nov 13 13:41:23
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        14 Nov 13 13:41:23
Тема : Nodelist
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+5284dc9e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4037907
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hi Ward,

Thursday November 14 2013 10:35, you wrote to me:

WD> Uli,
US>> do we have disputes running? do we have a policy referenda
US>> running? No ? don't worry, no job for an IC currently and by the
US>> time an IC is required, the ZC's shall cast a vote for their t/l
US>> =;)

WD> The last "formal" dispute I had to deal with was related to Helmut
WD> This was like ... how long ago? 10-11-12 years?

round about, yes
its in the fidonet chronicles ....

WD> In the meantime "nothing". People either got wiser or left Fidonet.

;)

so it seems there is some progress here =:)
ok, in the 2000's the OpenSource community boomed, probably many of the fidonet sysops are either way related to one or more opensource projects ...
similar to fidonet its full driven by volunteers
People did become more familiar how to handle disputes -> internaly
from another opensource related project (CAcert) they've built up their own internal arbitration system, with a dispute resolution policy and a community agreement that every bonafide member has to agree before he becomes a community member - 18 years later, as fidonet wrote their policy with a sentence how to handle complaints and for the unforseen case, two ZC's running in a dispute, they've forseen the IC fallback solution ...

WD> As for the relationship between ZCs ... do not misunderstand that.
WD> When X started callig Janis "The Ice Queen" I thought that was funny
WD> in relation to Hans-Christian Andersen's tales but Janis was not
WD> pleased so I didn't use it and encouraged others not to use it either.
WD> We can have differences of opinion, sometimes even quite outspoken,
WD> that doesn't prohibit us from cooperating and find common ground.

this also has to do with respect a person ...
if one doesn't like to be named xyz and the other doesn't accept it and stops using this name, he shows little or no respect to the other person.
Interesting is, that people sometimes didn't get aware of a spoken sidenote, so they'll require a reminder about such an issue ... maybe a 3rd party has to explain what happens here ...
They heard it, but didn't got it into their mind ...
Its hard to believe but sometimes happens ;-P

WD>  I have met her ... once ... and I think she is a fine person. It's
WD> just that I think all of us sometimes are separated by thЕt which in
WD> fact is intended to unite us.

=;)

beware if we all were clones! =;))

for Janis, yes your characterizing seems reasonable that I've also got from her cooperative, a nice person that earned the respect

WD> I don't think anyone has any cause for complaint about the ZC3 and as
WD> for ZC4 ... he is a nice man, really a nice man, but near impossible
WD> intra Z2 there hasn't been a complaint on formal grounds for over a
WD> decade.

WD> An IC? Not anymore ... certainly not if that person has no
WD> empowerment.

policy defines IC as a role, one amongst equals (of the ZCs)
3 named jobs, to handle disputes between 2 ZCs (as a fallback option to the *C structure handling of disputes), to handle a policy referenda, and #3 the nodelist issue ... but this was written back in 1989, zc cooperation did work for years without an IC ... so daily business doesn't require an IC for this job. If something requires to be decided, Nodelist restructure? new zone of united intergalactics?  the ZC's should be able to handle this, otherwise #1 of IC's job description comes to play, mediate in a ZC's dispute

From my point of view, IC job and role description in policy is a simple and formal fallback option, for incidents and unforseen issues at the highest level, the ZC's group. If someone is required to mediate in such an issue, its better to select an IC by that time that all can accept ... but from all I've currently heard, there is a working together instead of fighting each other

WD>  \%/@rd
WD>  $ Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)

regards, uli   ;-)

---
* Origin: AMBROSIA - Frankfurt/Main - Germany (2:240/1120)