Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 12342 из 12492 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Vincent Coen                     2:250/1            25 Aug 23 11:45:46
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        25 Aug 23 11:45:46
Тема : Never
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+64e88904
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+06231f4d
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: UTF-8 ==================================
Hello Ward!

Friday August 25 2023 00:27, you wrote to me:

> Vince,

VC>> Just goes to prove that any GA or above A/c flying in or even near
VC>> Russia must have a anti-missile system installed as a matter of
VC>> urgency. They have been available for years.

> There is the remote possibility, unlikely but nevertheless, there was
> a technical mishap as the plane hadn't been serviced by Embraer for
> over 4 years. And right before the flight the flight attendant called
> home saying they were doing some weird repairs before take-off.

> On the other hand, in 20 years there has been only one Legacy incident
> ... a mid-air over the Amazon with a Gol 737-800 ... the Legacy
> survived. Embraer makes good planes.

Now they are saying that it was a bomb, but that might be to try and migrate
world opinion.

Now if I was scheduled for a flight and there was some unusual repair work
going on I would seriously consider going using a different airline or a/c
hire
outfit - possibly using another country :)

In the past when working for small FBO's (using the American expression) I
downed the a/c when looking at the tech log reports from the last few flights
when I had not seen a suitable repair note/ description etc. Luckily they had
in all cases other a/c's that could be used.

Hmm, coming to think about that have done the same for sch. services as well
just not so much.

Remember folks the pilots are the first to the accident and the survival rate
is very low  !

I am ignoring the pilot who glided down a heavy when fuel uplift was in pounds
and not kgs - but he should have noticed a problem with the fuel gauges anyway
both before t/o and during flight - may be I am old school - if anything can
go
wrong it usually does, so watch for every thing and more than once.
Rule 1 Sods law.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.8.4/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)