Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8714 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         02 Jun 19 00:59:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               02 Jun 19 00:59:00
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+4c80bc59
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf1a013
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf3ae5e
Hello Michiel,

MvdV> It makes no sense. A node is either Pvt or it isn't. If there is no
MvdV> contact info published in the nodelist, it is a Pvt node. If contact
MvdV> info is published in the nodelist, it is not a Pvt node. What additional
MvdV> contact info is available but only shared with a limited number of
NvdV> intimi is irrelevant with regard of the nodelist. Whether this presumed
MvdV> additional contact information is a telephone number, and additional IP
MvdV> protocol the GPS coordinates of a drone landing pad for micro SD card
MvdV> delivery is irrelevant. If the info is not published in the nodelist,
MvdV> there is no added value in sticking hints in the nodelist that it exists
MvdV> at all.

Ok.
So a Node without contact info and with the U,MOB flag should be flagged as PVT or not listed at all, right?
The U,MOB flag does not cut wood, as we donot know how to connect it.
I.e that systems are operating like a Point.

HD>> It is something like the same as for secred phone numbers.
HD>> Some people donot want to be called by every stranger, but only known
HD>> people.

MvdV> And so they are NOT in the telephone book. Not with an unlisted or Pvt
MvdV> flag or whatever. They are not in the telephone book at all.

In that case U,MOB nodes without contactinfo should be flagged as PVT,
or not flagged as PVT, but then giving their connectinfo in the FidoNet NodeList, right?
It is the one way or the other ;-).
Or not listed at all it it operates like a point,
as one can not deliver crash NetMails direct during ZMH to that MOB system.

Cheers Henri.

---
* Origin: Computing Apart Together (2:280/1208)