Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8725 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         03 Jun 19 00:29:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               03 Jun 19 00:29:00
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+4c97c962
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf3ae5e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf8f49a
Hello Michiel,

HD>> So a Node without contact info and with the U,MOB flag should be
HD>> flagged as PVT or not listed at all, right?

MvdV> In my considered opinion as FTSC member, former FTSC chair person, co-
MvdV> author of FTS-5000.005 and your dedicated nodelist clerck: yes!

Thank you for your confirmation.

HD>> The U,MOB flag does not cut wood, as we donot know how to connect it.
HD>> I.e that systems are operating like a Point.

MvdV> Ironically the U.MOB flag /does/ provide some information. It used to be
MvdV> different five years ago but these days in most Western European
MvdV> countries mobile devices do not get a publically routable IP address.
MvdV> AFAIK only some Scndinavian mobile operators hand out IPv6 addresses.
MvdV> IPv4 is behind CGNAT.

So it is impossable to have a fixed IPv4 adres at mobile devices via 3G/4G
or WiFi?
What about doing it with a VPN via the home system?
I think there are more people who want such an adress when moving around in a camper of on a boat etc.
When living on/in a boat and having no fixed house, that option is almost unavailable, besides via a friend.

Has IPv6 a better solution for this fixed adress "problem",
i.e. is there a fixed adress prossible, even if you are sometimes offline.
When driving a car, you may not read mail f.i. ;-).

MvdV> So most of these U,MOB nodes are not nodes who's contact information is
MvdV> known to their uplink, but not made available to all. There just is no
MvdV> such information. Period. They are not connectable. Not by the general
MvdV> public and not by insiders. They get their mail by polling their uplink.

Hmm, so other parties promoting this method, kept that quiet ;-(.
I already thought so, but was not completely sure.

MvdV> This may change in future, but as it is now, these U,MOB nodes have the
MvdV> contactability of a point. Pretending that they are fully fledged nodes
MvdV> is politics.

Same comment as I wrote above.

Cheers Henri.

---
* Origin: Computing Apart Together (2:280/1208)