Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8742 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         07 Jun 19 14:24:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               07 Jun 19 14:24:00
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+4f0cc6fe
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf8f49a
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cfcebfb
Hello Michiel,

MvdV> I don't see why anyone would want to run servers on a mobile platform.

people who only live mobile, i.e. in a motorhome or ship and donot have a fixed home of wood and/or stone at land, which I would liked to,
but it seems to difficult to realy realise that at my age, at first financially ;-(.

MvdV> It is not practical. Better hire space at a hosting provider.
MvdV> Much cheaper and far nore stable.

So I donot have to run a FidoNet station at home?

HD>> Has IPv6 a better solution for this fixed adress "problem",
HD>> i.e. is there a fixed adress prossible,

MvdV> Yes, IPv6 has provisons for that.

So in that case it is interesting for mobile users.

MvdV> The details are beyond the topic of this conference.

In future I want to know.

MvdV> https://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/definition/Mobile-IPv6

I will look at that later.

HD>> even if you are sometimes offline. When driving a car, you may not
HD>> read mail f.i. ;-).

MvdV> To read mail, one does not need to run a server of one's own.

No, but I meant to be online for the reception of mail from others.

MvdV> Once there was a German mobile node runing on GSM. Search the nodelist
MvdV> archives for "Steigart's par GSM". It was a true node, it could be
MvdV> called and accepted calls up to 9600 bps IIRC. It did not last very
MvdV> long. Probably too expensive.

So I ones did the same with my old (2006) Siemens MC60 2G GSM/GPRS.
9600 bps indeed worked to get a connection with my own BBS at home,
when I was at the computerclub in Rijswijk near The Hague with my GSM then.
I am now using my last and third version of that old type of GSM.
My first one died some years ago, the second one came from my brother
and shorter, and the last one still in use came from my sister ;-).
Handy to have more 230 Vac~ to 5 Vdc= loaders, i.e. one downstairs,
one upstairs, and one on the move ;-).
I also have a 12 Vdc= loader for it for use in the car or on board the
inland ships of my brother we sail with and work at.
At the moment it is more working than sailing ;-(.

Greeting from Henri.

---
* Origin: Computing Apart Together (2:280/1208)