Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8760 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         13 Jun 19 17:59:00
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               13 Jun 19 17:59:00
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+5211655d
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cfcebfb
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d038aa9
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5020/545+5d03e403
Hello Michiel,

MvdV>>> I don't see why anyone would want to run servers on a mobile
MvdV>>> platform.

MvdV> I don't see why anyone would want to run a zoo on a mobile platform.

Look at the Ark of Noach, it is a big ship with all kind of animals ;-).

HD>> people who only live mobile, i.e. in a motorhome or ship and donot
HD>> have a fixed home of wood and/or stone at land,

MvdV> That answers the question of "who". Not "why".

Also why, because they donot have a fixed connection.
I.e. POTS, Central Antenna Cable and Fibre are impossible.

HD>> which I would liked to, but it seems to difficult to realy realise
HD>> that at my age, at first financially ;-(.

MvdV> So for you it is a castle in the air. Forget it.

At first site yes, but you never know. It could be suddenly still possible.
You never know.
May be tomorrow I find a woman living on a ship, and we could have a click?
Or a large sum of money is comming to my side from somewhere ;-).

MvdV>>> It is not practical. Better hire space at a hosting provider.
MvdV>>> Much cheaper and far nore stable.

HD>> So I donot have to run a FidoNet station at home?

MvdV> It is not my cup of tea, for me the kick is running the server in my own
MvdV> home on my own hardware. There are sysops however who hire space
MvdV> (physical or virtual) in a data center and run their Fidonet system from
MvdV> there.

The same here.

MvdV>>> Yes, IPv6 has provisons for that.

HD>> So in that case it is interesting for mobile users.

MvdV> May be. I haven't heard much about it as yet...

I know Kees and you do have a fixed part at the IPv6 number that ends with the FidoNet Node number, right?

HD>> So I ones did the same with my old (2006) Siemens MC60 2G GSM/GPRS.
HD>> 9600 bps indeed worked to get a connection with my own BBS at home,
HD>> when I was at the computerclub in Rijswijk near The Hague with my GSM
HD>> then.

MvdV> That is something different. You wre using the connection to read mail
MvdV> as a USER. You did not run a server that could accept incoming calls.

Ok, that could be a try once?

HD>> I am now using my last and third version of that old type of GSM.

MvdV> I also had several, the last one died many years ago. I am no longer
MvdV> interested in making data connections via 9600 bps GSM. Too slow, too
MvdV> expensive...

Ok.
Henri.

---
* Origin: Computing Apart Together (2:280/1208)