Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 248 из 12490 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         28 Nov 13 17:54:00
Кому : Ulrich Schroeter                                    28 Nov 13 17:54:00
Тема : NetMail to Point 1.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+a60f5060
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+528d9a86
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+529d533e
Hello Ulrich,

WD> As a reminder ... from now till Nov.30 netmail must be sent to
WD>                      2:292/854.1
WD> in order to reach me. I may or may not receive it though.
HD> On my system all NetMail to the SysOp is rerouted to Point 1 by the
HD> rerouter software ReDirect v1.0 from David Nugent 3:632/348.0, works
HD> Here the part of my UniCorn.bat file for mailprocessing;
HD> Note, some texts are in the Dutch language.

HD> :MailTossIn
HD> REM  Na ontvangen van Echo- en Net-Mail:
HD> REM NetMail Post omleiden naar de juiste AKA's, zie REDIR.CFG:
HD>   CD \FD
HD>   D:\FD\REDIR.EXE
HD>   D:\FD\REDIR1.EXE
HD> REM Eerst de NetMail voor de SysOp Point 0 redirecten naar Point 1
HD> REM ...
HD> CD D:\FD\ITRACK
HD>  D:\FD\ITRACK\ITRACK
HD> REM End of UniCorn.bat
US> hmm, interesting ....
US> why you're not using one program for all instead of using 3 programs ?-)

It is historically growth this way.

US> itrack can handle all this stuff  =;-)

Could be, but IT has disadvantages too,
one of it is, that it is not Y2K ready ;-(.
And there were other negative points too, allthough I can not name it now.
One of the biggest problems were the netmails to and for AllFix and AreaMgr.

US> including mails copying and forwarding to a cosysop or sysop point.

US> ah, it requires some itrack programming that you have no experience
US> for ?-)

Not only that. The older programs do its work after many time of puzzling.
The problems were the AllFix netmail messages to my uplinks,
wich must not be copied to my BBS netmail area, arg ;-(
The same happend to received netmail for my EchoMailAreaManager IMail.
That's why I use first Redir.exe and after that Redir1.exe.
It is the same program, but with an other configfile.
So there are at least 5 kinds of netmail to be handled.
1. NetMail from me to AllFix for my UpLinks.
2. NetMail to Imail AreaLink for my UniCorn BBS Node.
3. Netmail to AllFix for my UniCorn BBS Node.
4. NetMail to me at Point 0 as the SysOp of UniCorn BBS
5. NetMail to users at Point 0 as a user of UniCorn BBS.

First pack the AllFix.msg for my UpLinks to a pkt with Imail IMPACK,
so that it is not handled by my own AllFix, arg.
Second start Imail IMALNK to handle messages to it.
Third start AllFix to handle messages for it.
Forth reroute NetMail for the SysOp to point 1
Fifth move netmail for UniCorn BBS users to the BBS NetMail area with
MBUtil.exe

Between each run, it seemed necesarry to correct for wrong y2k dates
of the used mailprograms with FXPKTDAT.BAT.
Step 6 is running ITrack for received NetMail messages to other systems than Point 0 (=Zero), i.e. Points or nodes checkecd agains the NodeLists and PointLists for FidoNet and AcoNet.

As many systems do not run a BBS anymore,
this is less of a problem to their Node SysOps.
Years ago I found it a sport to handle its NetMail all the right way,
wich succeeded after many tries and corrections.
So I donot like or want to start that puzzle again.

As I am mutiple handicapped,
I do not have the energy to make large changes any more.
For the same reason, I write fewer than I really wanted to.
It is a pitty, but I have to accept that.
Sorry for people waiting (long) for an answer from me.
But I still read every message in the areas I am connected to.
And somethimes I will write one or respond to.
Thanks for your comment.

Greetings from Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)