Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 26 Apr 24 12:08:12, всего сообщений: 12490
= Сообщение: 10678 из 12490 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       08 May 21 16:30:02
Кому : Bj¶rn Felten                                        08 May 21 16:30:02
Тема : Zone2 daily input-files and generation report
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+6096a06d
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+6096730e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Hello Bj¶rn!

08 May 21 13:16, you wrote to Fabio Bizzi:

BF>    Then you completely misunderstood me. On the contrary mio amico, it's
BF> because the Kees & Ward system is so sophisticated that it can do well
BF> without any possible POF, such as sending segments the Janis way, kreuz
BF> und quer.

BF>    The intricate way those two gentlemen manage to synchronize the entire
BF> process don't need the unnecessary burden of too many segments to keep
BF> track of. Did I mention that I abide by the request posted in the nodelist
BF> some years ago?

 It does not matter how often updates are sent. What is important is when
 they are received. As I remember at the time you sent your updates in time
 for the cutoff time of Ward's system and I did not receice an update from
 you. I recieved a copy from Ward, with a delay that was then longer than it
 is now. As a result your updates would be a day late for my processing.
 That is a disaster when it concerns the friday weekly.

 In order to produce a sensible diff file the next week, the current weekly
 file has to replaced with the weekly produced by Ward. Ofcourse one daily
 file will be out of sync, but now adays I can live with that. However it
 annoys me when it is systematic.

 In the current setup I think that you have mankenl submit your update
 to Ward. I receive a file from your local REGION20 distribution.

 The last update I received was at 7:04:56 in the morning.
 Ward's copy arrived at 07:14:05

 With those delivery times, you are well within the window for inclusion
 in the next nodelist. You could also switch to a daily schedule, if you
 find a diffent way to supply updates to my system, as I think your
 REGION20 distribution is weekly.

 As for intricasies on the receiving side, apart from delivering in a timely
 version, that is not of your concern. I receive some updates via 3 different
 routes. And foreign nodelist with overlapping names in overlapping
 distributions. Those intricasies are systematic and can be delt with.

Kees
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5--b20180707
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)