Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 03 May 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12492
= Сообщение: 8438 из 12492 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         31 Mar 19 16:03:06
Кому : David Rance                                         31 Mar 19 16:03:06
Тема : R25
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5ca0cc8e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5c9f624c
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5ca0e3a6
Hello David,

On Saturday March 30 2019 13:34, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

DR> And we are getting more and more jaded. We're sick of the whole thing!

I am not surprised. It is almost three years ago that the people of the UK decided they wanted out of the EU. But they can't decide on the how...

I am sure many people in the EU are just as frustrated about it as the people in the UK. The people in Brussels are losing their patience and the uncertainty is bad for bussines.
WD>> Overhere the government would have resigned already.

DR> Normally the British government would have resigned long ago but
DR> anyone who succeeds Theresa May is doomed to suffer the same
DR> consequences.

Plus that a change of government is unlikely to solve the problem. Which basically is that a border can not be both visible and invisible. Choices will have to be made, one can not have the cake and eat it too.

This side of the channel is now nearing the point of "let's get it over with. Better no deal, end the uncertainty and accept the losses, than carrying on for an undetermined period of time."

DR> That's why no-one is forcing a leadership contest or a general
DR> election because whoever wins would have a very short political career
DR> at the top and condemned to spend the rest of their life in obscurity.
DR> Where is the man who got us into this fine mess now?

One can blame Nigel Farrage, but in a democracy politicians do not have more power than the voters allow them to have. They could have said "no" to Farrage...

I don't envy you guys on the other side of the channel...

DR> resign at this point in time, one was Michael Gove. If Michael Gove
DR> were to replace her, albeit temporarily, then that would be a piece of
DR> Fidonet history. For the first time, an ex-Fido sysop would become a
DR> prime minister!

Could we entice him to return as an active node? :)