Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8728 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         06 Jun 19 12:26:24
Кому : Henri Derksen                                       06 Jun 19 12:26:24
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5cf8f49a
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+4c97c962
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:221/360+5cf947c7
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+4f0cc6fe
Hello Henri,

On Monday June 03 2019 00:29, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> In my considered opinion as FTSC member, former FTSC chair
MvdV>> person, co- author of FTS-5000.005 and your dedicated nodelist
MvdV>> clerck: yes!

HD> Thank you for your confirmation.

You'r welcome.

HD> So it is impossable to have a fixed IPv4 adres at mobile devices via
HD> 3G/4G

You'd have to move to Finland. In this part of the world it is not possible any more. In case you missed it, the world ran out of IPv4 adresses eight years ago. There are not enough IPv4 adresses left to give each and every smart phonne or tablet it's own pub,ic IPv4 address, So there you go...

HD> or WiFi?

WiFi is technically possible. If you have access to the NAT tables and Firewall. In your own home that will nomally be the case. On the camping or the marina usually not.

HD>  What about doing it with a VPN via the home system?

If there /IS/ a home system, that may be possible. You'd have to ask Kees, he has a VPN from his mobile system(s) to his home system. But.. if there is a home system, a more obvious solition is to run the Fidonet node or web server at the home system and run a client (point system) on the mobile device.

HD> I think there are more people who want

You can't always get what you want.

HD> such an adress when moving around in a camper of on a boat etc. When
HD> living on/in a boat and having no fixed house,

Life is making choices. Wat comes with choices are pro's and con's. Someone making the choice of trading the benefits of a fixed location for the freedom of the nomad has to live with the con's along with the pro's.

HD> that option is almost unavailable, besides via a friend.

Frankly, I don't see why anyone would want to run servers on a mobile platform. It is not practical. Better hire space at a hosting provider. Much cheaper and far nore stable.

HD> Has IPv6 a better solution for this fixed adress "problem",
HD> i.e. is there a fixed adress prossible,

Yes, IPv6 has provisons for that. The details are beyond the topic of this conference.

https://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/definition/Mobile-IPv6

HD> even if you are sometimes offline. When driving a car, you may not
HD> read mail f.i. ;-).

To read mail, one does not need to run a server of one's own.

MvdV>> So most of these U,MOB nodes are not nodes who's contact
MvdV>> information is known to their uplink, but not made available to
MvdV>> all. There just is no such information. Period. They are not
MvdV>> connectable. Not by the general public and not by insiders. They
MvdV>> get their mail by polling their uplink.

HD> Hmm, so other parties promoting this method, kept that quiet ;-(.
HD> I already thought so, but was not completely sure.

I knew it from the very beginning....

MvdV>> This may change in future, but as it is now, these U,MOB nodes
MvdV>> have the contactability of a point. Pretending that they are
MvdV>> fully fledged nodes is politics.

HD> Same comment as I wrote above.

Once there was a German mobile node runing on GSM. Search the nodelist archives for "Steigart's par GSM". It was a true node, it could be called and accepted calls up to 9600 bps IIRC. It did not last very long. Probably too expensive.