Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8775 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         16 Jun 19 23:38:28
Кому : Gerrit Kuehn                                        16 Jun 19 23:38:28
Тема : Pvt node with a CM flag, but without connect info.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d06bd0a
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5cc76113
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5cc76114
Hello Gerrit,

On Sunday June 16 2019 19:55, you wrote to me:

GK>>> Another Dutchman (Johan Huibers) even built one.

MvdV>> Hmmm.. that's not a floating zoo. It is a floating event hall
MvdV>> with a theme...

GK> It is an example of someone trying to rebuild the ark according to the
GK> description found in ancient sources.

One description says it should be 100 cubits long and 50 cubits wide. Huibers' ship is 136 meters long and 30 meters wide. So whatever a "cubit" is, the proportions are wrong.
On the website there is a photo where you see the wake of a propulsion system. defimitely an anachronism. In the foto of the timber shop I see steel tools. I suspect steel is also used for the basic structure, but that is just a suspicion.

GK>>> "Myth" doesn't mean there couldn't be any truth in it, though.

It also doesn't mean it is more than just imagination.

GK>>> The story about the big ship and the big flood can be found in
GK>>> several documents: Tora, Bible, Koran, epics tales of Atrahasis,
GK>>> Gilgamesh...

MvdV>> I would not classify those as "documents". (i.e reporting
MvdV>> verifiable facts)

GK> We have a lot of "old sources" that are not 100% verifiable. I still
GK> would call them "documents".

It depends of course. Some ancient "documents" may be more factual than others. But the Bible is very low om my scale of factuality. Starting with the main basic assumption: that of the existence of an ulterior being that was the creator. To that I say: "the assumption of the existance of an ulterior being does not help me to better undetstand how the universe ticks".

MvdV>> There are geological and paleological traces indicating a comet
MvdV>> or small asteroid hit the earth 65 million yearts ago. There
MvdV>> are traces pointing to ice periods.. All kind of traces can be
MvdV>> found. But TTBMOK there are no traces pointing to a flood on a
MvdV>> planetary scale. There may have been a flood on a much smaller
MvdV>> scale. Even several perhaps. But a ship with a complete
MvdV>> collection of all species, animal and plants? Hmmm...

GK> As I said: don't take all that too literal, there certainly is a lot
GK> of myth in the story.

It may very well be 100% myth. Ockham's Razor comes to mind. "if it looks like myth, sounds like myth, smells like myth, the explanation requiring the least presumption is that it IS myth".

GK> There are several other theories (volcanoes, impacts, earthquakes,
GK> glacial runs...). A imho very interesting one is the breaking of the
GK> dam to the black sea. Meanwhile it was verified that the black sea was
GK> a sweet water lake up to the end of the last ice age.

I can see how such an event could lead to the story of the great flood. But the ship?

GK> Anyway, my point was that all this kind of long-ago catastrophies
GK> usually lead to "mystified" reports. However, as I said I wouldn't
GK> think that it is completely made up just because there are mythical
GK> parts in the report.

OTOH, if it sounds like myth, looks like myth and smells like myth, it probably is just myth...