Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8818 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         04 Aug 19 11:02:31
Кому : David Rance                                         04 Aug 19 11:02:31
Тема : Every coin has two sides
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d469f28
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d430dc0
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d46b376
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d470826
Hello David,

On Thursday August 01 2019 18:05, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> You really thinks BJ /believes/ he can negotiate a "better"
MvdV>> deal with the EU? Does he really believe he can get the
MvdV>> backstop off the the table?

DR> No, that's not what I said.

I am sorry if I misunderstood. A "lost in translation" issue perhaps?

This is what you wrote:

DR> And he's not afraid of saying that we must prepare for a no deal
DR> Brexit, knowing that the EU don't really want this and will avoid it
DR> if at all possible. Whether this rhetoric pays off or not remains to
DR> be seen but he has always believed that a no deal will not be the
DR> disaster that so many believe. It would hurt the EU as well as us but
DR> will it hurt them enough to be willing to make any concessions?

I was responding to the last part about the EU making concessions. From that I gleened that he was trying to pressure the EU with the threat of a no deal Brexit.

DR> He believes that a no deal Brexit will not be the disaster that people
DR> think

He may be right at that, it may not be as bad as some think. So are you saying that he is not aiming for renegatiations with the EU? If so why is his "brexit-minister", Stephen Barclay now calling for renegotiations and concessions from the EU?

DR> and that it will give the us freedom that people voted for three
DR> years ago. He believes that the present "deal" does not give us that
DR> freedom, and neither did the House of Commons when they voted it out
DR> three times.

Yes, they did. OTOH the House of Commons also voted against a hard Brexit.

SO what do they want? What does Boris Johnson want? Does he really wants a hard Brexit?

An interesting development is that BJ now has a majority for his coalition of only ONE seat in the House. It just takes one dissident for a vote of no confidence and forced general elections. Which due to timing regulations can not be held before 31 October. Interesting...

DR>>>  Always has done and has made no secret of the fact.

MvdV>> He is a politcian. Politicians have a different perception on
MvdV>> the concept of "truth" than scientists...

DR> That retort has nothing to do with what I'd just written. Did you just
DR> pick that out of a Stephen Potter book?

No. I have never heard of Stephen Potter. I made it up all by myself.