Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Apr 24 22:34:46, всего сообщений: 12491
= Сообщение: 8834 из 12491 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         05 Aug 19 12:22:54
Кому : Björn Felten                                        05 Aug 19 12:22:54
Тема : Brexit once again
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5d480902
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5d477158
Hello Björn,

On Monday August 05 2019 01:59, you wrote to me:

BF> understand what they are heading for. So many problems they probably
BF> never even were informed about.

I think they have no idea what they are getiing themselves into. If they are uninfomed, it is not just the government but also the press that is to blame. Or maybe their own fault for not reading the papers...

BF>    Such as:

BF>    A) The border on Ireland to the North Ireland (that the UK insists
BF> on keeping). Now just a change of colour of the middle line of the
BF> road from white to yellow when you pass the border.

This will be a (bloody) mess. See my message to David.

BF>    C) UK driver's license will no longer automatically be allowed in
BF> EU member states.

I don't know about that. AFAIK my driver's licence is valid anywhere in the world where the country is a member of the drivers licence union. I expect it will still be valid in the UK after the (hard) brexit. But I may need a passport and visum to get there...

There will be a problem with car license plates. Brittisch plates will the blue rectangle and the 12 yellow stars will no longer be valid. At least not outside the UK. The people making licence plates will be in bussines! ;-)

The plates with the blue rectangle were never compulsory in the UK. Plates without a blue rectangle are just as valid. So Ironically the anti-EU drivers that never bothered with the EU plates are least affected. They can go on as they did before.

BF>    D) Medicine. The European Medicines Agency has moved from London to
BF> Amsterdam. There will be severe disruption in the distribution of
BF> medicine both in and out of the UK.

Here in The Netherlands pharmacists have hoarded supplies that they expect to tun dry after bexit. They have also explored alternatives. Nevertheless problems with some rare medicins are expected...

BF>    And those are just a few from the top of my head...

Plus that there will be lots of smaller problems that no one ever foresaw...

Yes, it will be messy...